ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

Growing up in Corpus Christi and going off to school in Austin as an 18 year old was tough enough and i found myself homesick often. I cannot even imagine what Bru may be going through and I myself do not judge him if he wants to go back closer to home.
I agree. The kid's happiness is the bottom line most important thing, but he really needs to understand that actions have consequences.

I find it amusing that the same people that hate Briles for what he has done are the same people wanting men and women to use the same bathroom and allowing men to compete as women in sports. Then turn around and wonder what went wrong.

I think Briles is a POS. But you SJW are hypocrites.
good grief. what a way to view the world.

Have a blessed day.

Lot of revisionist history starting to take place in this thread. For what? To protect an ignorant public that ?makes a habit of overreacting to defeat?
Look I get it you are a huge fan of Giannis but he let the pressure get to him. I just stated facts. When you lose as the 6 seed and play well what else can you do? When you lose as the one seed and fade down the stretch the last 4 games not to mention forgetting how to make free throws you let the pressure get to you. His point production in the 4th quarter of that series speaks for itself.

Look I get it you are a huge fan of Giannis but he let the pressure get to him. I just stated facts. When you lose as the 6 seed and play well what else can you do? When you lose as the one seed and fade down the stretch the last 4 games not to mention forgetting how to make free throws you let the pressure get to you. His point production in the 4th quarter of that series speaks for itself.
I'm not really a huge fan. I don't care about him or the Bucks.

I have eyes and a brain, though.:D

Again, it's the primary photo that he uses to present himself with. Given the circumstances, it's a fair question and commentary to make IMO.

Agree to disagree, while having full respect for your concerns.

It's the photo he chose to have representing himself when he announced the hire of a monster.

I can confirm that we disagree, and I remain unsatisfied.

However, in my case, both positions seem to be locked into a perpetual state, so nothing new there.

I can confirm that we disagree, and I remain unsatisfied.

However, in my case, both positions seem to be locked into a perpetual state, so nothing new there.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Misterc13
Welp this thread went off the rails. Would love to have a further debate @Ketchum about Jordan’s perception during his pre-championship years, but obviously this thread is not it.

Ok guys, headed to the pool with the kids. Careful not to set the place on fire while I'm gone.

Welp this thread went off the rails. Would love to have a further debate @Ketchum about Jordan’s perception during his pre-championship years, but obviously this thread is not it.
Until he got through the Pistons and won a title in his seventh season (?), he was viewed by a lot of people as a glorified ball-hawg that came up short in the big moments.

He was viewed as incapable of beating the Pistons by a LOT of people.

They weren't smart people, but we don't lack stupids now, either.

Idiots showing their true colors by attacking @Ketchum because he used a quote from their hero to make a point about men who abuse their power at the expense of women. Y’all may love Trump but he’s a serial cheater and scum bag when it comes to women. Those were his words - they meant something. It was a valid and very appropriate quote for the situation. Good grief people!

I'm not really a huge fan. I don't care about him or the Bucks.

I have eyes and a brain, though.:D
So your eyes and your brain say that underperforming and folding under pressure down the stretch of 4 straight games as the one seed is no different than what Jordan did in 89 as the 6 seed? Did you even watch the NBA in 89? l

So your eyes and your brain say that underperforming and folding under pressure down the stretch of 4 straight games as the one seed is no different than what Jordan did in 89 as the 6 seed? Did you even watch the NBA in 89? l
What did Giannis average in his first Conference finals at the age 24?

While you look it up, realize that he had a poor couple of games by incredibly lofty standards and he'll learn from it.

Happened to Lebron. happened to Dirk. happened to KD. Happened to Kobe.

Reactions: marinehorn
Love your top 10 country list...was wondering why few mentioned "You Don't Know Me" written by Eddie Arnold. It is one of those songs that has been sung by many but excelled by Ray Charles.
When we do music lists we sometimes don't recognize how a song transcends to other artists.
"Desperado" and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" are other great songs that doesn't make many lists but is sung by many singers.
Here is Amy Lee's version if anyone has time:

Reactions: c.c.rider
Until he got through the Pistons and won a title in his seventh season (?), he was viewed by a lot of people as a glorified ball-hawg that came up short in the big moments.

He was viewed as incapable of beating the Pistons by a LOT of people.

They weren't smart people, but we don't lack stupids now, either.

Don’t disagree with any of this. Very different narrative then what is being said about Giannis. As I stated, nobody ever claimed he wilted/disappeared in those playoffs, the way they are talking about the Giannis. They definitely had many other criticisms of him. Some of which was very valid.

I am sure you have read it, but “The Jordan Rules” was one of my favorite books growing up, and really goes into the medias perception of him as a player at the time.

good grief. what a way to view the world.

Have a blessed day.
You always respond with some comment like this when someone has made a good point that disagrees with your viewpoint and you don’t know how to respond. It’s either this type of comment or the gif of the lilo and stitch character getting patted on the head.

I find it amusing that the same people that hate Briles for what he has done are the same people wanting men and women to use the same bathroom and allowing men to compete as women in sports. Then turn around and wonder what went wrong.

I think Briles is a POS. But you SJW are hypocrites.
Ho Lee fuk. The 1950s are calling. Pick up the phone.

Last edited:
Idiots showing their true colors by attacking @Ketchum because he used a quote from their hero to make a point about men who abuse their power at the expense of women. Y’all may love Trump but he’s a serial cheater and scum bag when it comes to women. Those were his words - they meant something. It was a valid and very appropriate quote for the situation. Good grief people!

He very well may be “a serial cheater and scumbag when it comes to women”, that does not equate to rapist or enabler.
Again, why throw that line in the article if you didn’t want people to note the reference?
We did have someone in the highest office that we KNOW abused his power to abuse women. Maybe that would have been a more appropriate reference if he wanted to be edgy...

I probably would have left that line of thought out completely, but that’s just me.

Don’t disagree with any of this. Very different narrative then what is being said about Giannis. As I stated, nobody ever claimed he wilted/disappeared in those playoffs, the way they are talking about the Giannis. They definitely had many other criticisms of him. Some of which was very valid.

I am sure you have read it, but “The Jordan Rules” was one of my favorite books growing up, and really goes into the medias perception of him as a player at the time.
Great book. The bottom line for me is we marginalize other-worldly players that lose at a certain spot based on an incredibly small sample size.

Reactions: jessed50
He very well may be “a serial cheater and scumbag when it comes to women”, that does not equate to rapist or enabler.
He's literally has been accused of sexual assault more times than I can count.

His ex-wife accused him of raping her.

60 million+ people voted for him. You're damn right it is a relevant indictment on us as a society and the way we protect people who hurt women.

Again, why throw that line in the article if you didn’t want people to note the reference?
We did have someone in the highest office that we KNOW abused his power to abuse women. Maybe that would have been a more appropriate reference if he wanted to be edgy...
Except that dude hasn’t been in power in 18 freaking years! The current president of the US made a comment about abusing his power over women because he’s able to grab them by the pussy because he’s famous, and you’d rather hearken back to a president from nearly 2 decades ago. But Ketch is the one making it political right? Go back to Baylor dude, you’d fit in better there with that attitude.

Disappointed if Bru does leave UT. And yeah, a commitment is a commitment—but if he leaves UT best wishes to him. I’ve got a kid the same age, going to UT next year that turned down some scholarships elsewhere. He’s not as far as I know having second thoughts but if he is I’ll listen and go with his decision. This ain’t life or death. It matters most to the kid deciding his college future. I’d like to not see OB bash this kid—if it’s not what he wants then so be it, and if it’s within the realm of NCAA acceptability so be it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT