ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

Until he got through the Pistons and won a title in his seventh season (?), he was viewed by a lot of people as a glorified ball-hawg that came up short in the big moments.

He was viewed as incapable of beating the Pistons by a LOT of people.

They weren't smart people, but we don't lack stupids now, either.

Don’t disagree with any of this. Very different narrative then what is being said about Giannis. As I stated, nobody ever claimed he wilted/disappeared in those playoffs, the way they are talking about the Giannis. They definitely had many other criticisms of him. Some of which was very valid.

I am sure you have read it, but “The Jordan Rules” was one of my favorite books growing up, and really goes into the medias perception of him as a player at the time.

good grief. what a way to view the world.

Have a blessed day.
You always respond with some comment like this when someone has made a good point that disagrees with your viewpoint and you don’t know how to respond. It’s either this type of comment or the gif of the lilo and stitch character getting patted on the head.

I find it amusing that the same people that hate Briles for what he has done are the same people wanting men and women to use the same bathroom and allowing men to compete as women in sports. Then turn around and wonder what went wrong.

I think Briles is a POS. But you SJW are hypocrites.
Ho Lee fuk. The 1950s are calling. Pick up the phone.

Last edited:
Idiots showing their true colors by attacking @Ketchum because he used a quote from their hero to make a point about men who abuse their power at the expense of women. Y’all may love Trump but he’s a serial cheater and scum bag when it comes to women. Those were his words - they meant something. It was a valid and very appropriate quote for the situation. Good grief people!

He very well may be “a serial cheater and scumbag when it comes to women”, that does not equate to rapist or enabler.
Again, why throw that line in the article if you didn’t want people to note the reference?
We did have someone in the highest office that we KNOW abused his power to abuse women. Maybe that would have been a more appropriate reference if he wanted to be edgy...

I probably would have left that line of thought out completely, but that’s just me.

Don’t disagree with any of this. Very different narrative then what is being said about Giannis. As I stated, nobody ever claimed he wilted/disappeared in those playoffs, the way they are talking about the Giannis. They definitely had many other criticisms of him. Some of which was very valid.

I am sure you have read it, but “The Jordan Rules” was one of my favorite books growing up, and really goes into the medias perception of him as a player at the time.
Great book. The bottom line for me is we marginalize other-worldly players that lose at a certain spot based on an incredibly small sample size.

Reactions: jessed50
He very well may be “a serial cheater and scumbag when it comes to women”, that does not equate to rapist or enabler.
He's literally has been accused of sexual assault more times than I can count.

His ex-wife accused him of raping her.

60 million+ people voted for him. You're damn right it is a relevant indictment on us as a society and the way we protect people who hurt women.

Again, why throw that line in the article if you didn’t want people to note the reference?
We did have someone in the highest office that we KNOW abused his power to abuse women. Maybe that would have been a more appropriate reference if he wanted to be edgy...
Except that dude hasn’t been in power in 18 freaking years! The current president of the US made a comment about abusing his power over women because he’s able to grab them by the pussy because he’s famous, and you’d rather hearken back to a president from nearly 2 decades ago. But Ketch is the one making it political right? Go back to Baylor dude, you’d fit in better there with that attitude.

Disappointed if Bru does leave UT. And yeah, a commitment is a commitment—but if he leaves UT best wishes to him. I’ve got a kid the same age, going to UT next year that turned down some scholarships elsewhere. He’s not as far as I know having second thoughts but if he is I’ll listen and go with his decision. This ain’t life or death. It matters most to the kid deciding his college future. I’d like to not see OB bash this kid—if it’s not what he wants then so be it, and if it’s within the realm of NCAA acceptability so be it.

I didn't give a shit about the conference baseball tournament a year ago when Texas was, I guess, the top seed. No idea who won it. When will it just die, along with basketball and the current football format?

So how about going with the reference that is proven vs. conjecture?
Or why go there at all when you don’t have to to make the point?
I assume you knew exactly what you were doing when you wrote it, maybe I’m wrong on that.

What did Giannis average in his first Conference finals at the age 24?

While you look it up, realize that he had a poor couple of games by incredibly lofty standards and he'll learn from it.

Happened to Lebron. happened to Dirk. happened to KD. Happened to Kobe.
Age is an excuse and yes a lot of players played really well at that age in the conference finals. Hakeem was 23, Tim was 24, Shaq was 23, Walton was 24. Malone at 22 averaged 35 percent more points a game and 30% more rebounds a game in the conference finals than the regular season though they lost to the Sixers. Some players are not ready for the big stage the first time they get to it but a lot of players are.

60 million+ people voted for him. You're damn right it is a relevant indictment on us as a society and the way we protect people who hurt women.

So, just for the record, you feel the same about Bill and Hillary?

giphy.gif

Great book. The bottom line for me is we marginalize other-worldly players that lose at a certain spot based on an incredibly small sample size.

100%. I also think on the flip side we want to rush and compare exceptional athletes to greatest with a small sample size. I honestly don’t think we truly see how great a basketball player is until season 6-7.

Giannis has all the tools to take over LeBrons crown of best in the NBA. I just don’t see him as a top 5 player right now.

Except that the Clintons have still been politically relevant, too. Btw, that trump tape was what, at least a decade old?

Again, I think it was a horrible thing to say, whether he thought it was private or not. It does not equate to Briles.

And I said, I agree Briles is a horrible person. I believe he should never work again and it would still be too good for him.

But you conveniently ignore that part. i’m Not a trump fanboy, just tired of the double standard and would love for politics to not be injected here.

So how about going with the reference that is proven vs. conjecture?
Or why go there at all when you don’t have to to make the point?
I assume you knew exactly what you were doing when you wrote it, maybe I’m wrong on that.
Keep digging the damn hole. There’s no conjecture about either Clinton or Trump. Both are scumbags when it comes to women. But one is the current president and one is nearly 2 decades removed from office. Find another bogeyman dude. The fact that you are blind to that and are defending “your guy” when he’s every bit as gross as the other guy says way more about you than anything else.

Here is the link to the celebratory Briles video on their FB page. Comments are open....

Age is an excuse and yes a lot of players played really well at that age in the conference finals. Hakeem was 23, Tim was 24, Shaq was 23, Walton was 24. Malone at 22 averaged 35 percent more points a game and 30% more rebounds a game in the conference finals than the regular season though they lost to the Sixers. Some players are not ready for the big stage the first time they get to it but a lot of players are.

Obligatory D Wade post.

He won it all when he was 24.

Probably would've beat the Pistons the year before too had he not got hurt.

Reactions: W_a_L1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT