ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

The big problem here is that Briles was never convicted of any crime. He clearly did not do anything to instill a culture that respected women (or the law) but he never committed any of those acts himself or was present when they happened. I have plenty of faith in our criminal justice system that they would have arrested and charged Briles if there was any evidence they could have used to prove he was an accessory to those crimes.

That means he has the right to continue his life, have a job, vote, etc.

So, do we ban Art Briles, Jussie Smollett, and everyone else that appears to have done something wrong but was not charged with a crime from ever working again or ever being able to show their faces in public again? What about Urban Meyer, does he qualify for a permaban from life? Where do we draw the line?

Personally, I have reservations about ever letting violent rapists and murderers from participating in society again. I think they should be sent to an island for the rest of their life because their acts were so heinous. They can learn to farm and exist together on their island until they die. But we let those people out of jail every day and let them continue their life.

At the end of the day, we have to respect the rule of law and if someone is found not guilty, they get to live their life.

Art Briles will reap what he has sown. I do think there is more justice in life than people realize.

Nobody is advocating putting him in jail, nor would I be in favor of the police or military interfering with his rights. He has a right to a job certainly. I would love for a fair and impartial prosecutor to look at all of the actions of Baylor coaches and officials to see if any laws have been broken.

Employers have a right to make a hire decision based on public information as long as they are not discriminating against a legally protected class. As citizens, we have a right to have an opinion as to who our government hires and to express that opinion - which is all that we are doing. If it causes this school district to change its mind about the person they chose to hire, nobody's rights will have been violated. Art Briles has no more "rights" to that job than anyone else.

Reactions: RTR
It does not mean he gets to work with high school kids.

Good grief. Educate yourself on what happened before you open your mouth.

Guess what, you don't get to make that call. You are just a guy with a web site and a Twitter account. Sorry, Ketch, the only thing you have is an opinion just like everyone else. And you know what the say about opinions...

I would not have hired him myself but someone else choose to. That is on them.

I am out. I got better things to do then argue with you.

Reactions: Jayson1178
So I'm reading along.

Couldn't agree more on the stupidity of Mt Vernon.

Well done shout out to our men and women who served and some of the struggles we face.

Then I read this and I can ONLY hope this is a troll attempt to trigger the masses.

If so it worked, keeping in mind the context that Donovan thinks he's as good as Troy. . . .dude couldn't carry Troy's jock.

... Donovan McNabb is a Hall of Famer in my book.

=)roll

Money time in the NFL is the playoffs. Donovan was a chump in the playoffs. Troy was DA MAN.

QB Ratings

73 (2000)
94 (high water mark)

9-7 record, ZERO Super Bowl wins

63 (1991)

88.3 average

11-4 3 Super Bowl rings 1 SB MVP

Ketch,

If Bru does decide to transfer, would this then become the weirdest recruiting situation you’ve seen over Darrell Scott and co.? Because it sure would for me...
giphy.gif

Any notion that my thoughts on Baylor or somehow connected to some sort of a text that I carry against the school is incredibly missed placed. My grandparents went to Baylor. My dad is a former Baylor alum of the year. My first football games were Baylor football games. I used to go to DKR as a teenager and root for Baylor against Texas. I’ve got green and gold in my blood, but I also have eyes and I also don’t care nearly enough about football to Marginalize sexual assault victims because of my love for it.
How's the pool?

So I'm reading along.

Couldn't agree more on the stupidity of Mt Vernon.

Well done shout out to our men and women who served and some of the struggles we face.

Then I read this and I can ONLY hope this is a troll attempt to trigger the masses.

If so it worked, keeping in mind the context that Donovan thinks he's as good as Troy. . . .dude couldn't carry Troy's jock.

=)roll

Money time in the NFL is the playoffs. Donovan was a chump in the playoffs. Troy was DA MAN.

QB Ratings

73 (2000)
94 (high water mark)

9-7 record, ZERO Super Bowl wins

63 (1991)

88.3 average

11-4 3 Super Bowl rings 1 SB MVP
That's a very narrow view of a guy that stomped the shit out of our favorite team for pretty much an entire decade.

Worse quarterbacks than McNabb are already in.

Only if one makes it so. I don’t see enabling and protecting sexual monsters as political. Some people can’t help but to defend the home team. The world isn’t much different than Baylor on the whole.

The point is that you chose to politicize it, and politicized it in only one direction. If enabling and protecting monsters is so against your grain, give us some Ketch quotes denouncing the obvious sexual predator of Bill Clinton then. Unless you do, then "Some people can’t help but to defend the home team" is very much you.

Or if i’m tired of the double standard.

Additionally, i’m trying to give him enough credit that he realized the statement is political, on a board that supposedly doesn’t want politics injected. Maybe he didn’t realize the impact of what he wrote. If not, maybe it should be edited out.

If he did, then he should accept that he injected politics and broke his own board’s rules. It’s his product, he can do what he wants with it.
Acting like it’s me that brought it in is disingenuous at best.
It’s only political because you make it so. It was a factual statement that was said by a person of high power that just so happens to be republican. Feel free to add equally poor statements from any party.

Reactions: drunk randoke
It’s only political because you make it so. It was a factual statement that was said by a person of high power that just so happens to be republican. Feel free to add equally poor statements from any party.
Honestly, I think Rodney King had it right.

You and bleacher report agree, I don’t. In no order, and pick a year from these dynasties

90’s bulls
60’s Celtics
Kareem’s Bucks
80’s Lakers
Early 2000’s Lakers
Mid 2000’s Spurs
80’s Celtics
GSW now
LeBrons Heat

Anyone of those teams with maybe the exception of the Bucks have multiple “teams”/years that would have handled those piston teams.
Yeah one Kareem's Bucks was not a dynasty. One title does not make you a dynasty. The early to mid 70's Celtics was closer to a dynasty than they were. We are talking about one year teams and not dynasties anyway. The 83 76ers might have been better than almost all of them for one year but they put it on cruise control after starting 50-7 as they were more interested in winning a title for Malone and Erving than their record. As for handling them with multiple teams, the Lakers and Bulls yes but they also have multiple teams in the top 15. As for the rest with the exception of the 60s Celtics which I cant really comment on as I didn't see them play, I would have to disagree.

The point is that you chose to politicize it, and politicized it in only one direction. If enabling and protecting monsters is so against your grain, give us some Ketch quotes denouncing the obvious sexual predator of Bill Clinton then. Unless you do, then "Some people can’t help but to defend the home team" is very much you.
good grief. Bill Clinton is a goon. Stop bringing up other shitty men being supported once upon a time two decades ago as some sort of excuse to enable other shitty men now.

That's a very narrow view of a guy that stomped the shit out of our favorite team for pretty much an entire decade.

Worse quarterbacks than McNabb are already in.

Narrow?????

I'm sorry, what part of playoffs matter do you not understand?

McNabb set the bar comparing himself to Troy . .. he cannot carry Troy's jock.

You don't justify adding a good not great QB because the committee has made other dumb choices.

=)roll

Zero league MVP awards.

Passer rating of 85, most of the top QBs of the era (last 20 years) are 90+.. .Brees, Farve, Rivers (won't get in either) Big Ben, Warner, P Manning, Brady, Rodgers.

Everyone of those listed has similar or better career yardage numbers, rings and other accolades (MVP etc).

And McNabb did that playing in an Andy Reid run up the yardage offense.

Here is the list (per the HOF) of the modern era QBs in the Hall:

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998
Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
Jim Kelly 1986-1996
Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-1979
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
Kurt Warner 1998-2009
Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

Not sure you can make an intelligent case McNabb better than any of them.

QBs who are shoe ins once they stop playing:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
P Manning
Big Ben
Wilson

He's not better than a single one of them.

QBs he'll compete with for votes but none of them getting in end of the day:

Ryan
Rivers
E Manning (who might get in because of 2 rings but he'd actually be an example of a weak choice)
Romo

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998
Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Jim Kelly 1986-1996
Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-1979
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
Kurt Warner 1998-2009
Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

lol

Reactions: BurntOrangeTux
Narrow?????

I'm sorry, what part of playoffs matter do you not understand?

McNabb set the bar comparing himself to Troy . .. he cannot carry Troy's jock.

You don't justify adding a good not great QB because the committee has made other dumb choices.

=)roll

Zero league MVP awards.

Passer rating of 85, most of the top QBs of the era (last 20 years) are 90+.. .Brees, Farve, Rivers (won't get in either) Big Ben, Warner, P Manning, Brady, Rodgers.

Everyone of those listed has similar or better career yardage numbers, rings and other accolades (MVP etc).

And McNabb did that playing in an Andy Reid run up the yardage offense.

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998
Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Jim Kelly 1986-1996
Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-1979
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973
Kurt Warner 1998-2009
Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

QBs who are shoe ins once they stop playing:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
P Manning
Big Ben
Wilson

He's not better than a single one of them.

QBs he'll compete with for votes but none of them getting in end of the day:

Ryan
Rivers
E Manning (who might get in because of 2 rings but he'd actually be an example of a weak choice)
Romo
Lol at Romo for Canton. Cowboy homer is funny.

Reactions: carolinahorn
Idiots showing their true colors by attacking @Ketchum because he used a quote from their hero to make a point about men who abuse their power at the expense of women. Y’all may love Trump but he’s a serial cheater and scum bag when it comes to women. Those were his words - they meant something. It was a valid and very appropriate quote for the situation. Good grief people!
Honestly Bill and Hillary would have been MUCH more of a relevant comparison. Hillary did the same thing as Briles in protecting her husband in discrediting rape allegations and the alleged victims.

Tell me Bill didn’t say much worse....he just wasn’t secretly recorded and said recording dug up for political purposes. Gtfo

Honestly Bill and Hillary would have been MUCH more of a relevant comparison. Hillary did the same thing as Briles in protecting her husband in discrediting rape allegations and the alleged victims.

Tell me Bill didn’t say much worse....he just wasn’t secretly recorded and said recording dug up for political purposes. Gtfo
The truth is that all of them have regretful connections for actions related to the discussion, including Hilary.

yet, I won't let anyone rationalize their protection of a ****ing horrible human being in the name of pointing to other people who could also have done better in their instances with the subject, which really isn't apples to apples.

It's a intellectually disingenuous comparison and position to take.

Anything other than, "he's wrong and a piece of shit" can take a back seat because you're not being the type of person the women in your life surely deserve.

no.

But, he's a Hall of Famer.

i always saw him as a hall of very good, but not HoF. He probably had some decent stats that can be pointed to, but as 610 guys said today, when the Eagles had a chance to the or take the lead late in the Super Bowl vs New England, Ted Johnson looked in their huddle and saw McNabb puking and knew they'd stop them without much drama. He was right. I can't think of any career defining moments for DMc other than that a lot of choking in the NFC championship games. He reminds me of a better version of Chris Chandler.

good grief. Bill Clinton is a goon. Stop bringing up other shitty men being supported once upon a time two decades ago as some sort of excuse to enable other shitty men now.

Damn I must be on drugs, but you’re nailing it tonight.

This is not a political party issue. This isn’t a sports issue. This is a powerful/corrupt person issue that has to be addressed constantly and completely till it is fixed.

Sweet comments re: Buckner. And Starr who delivered a dagger to the city of Dallas still reeling from the Kennedy assassination. Can you imagine if replay had been around?

The truth is that all of them have regretful connections for actions related to the discussion, including Hilary.

yet, I won't let anyone rationalize their protection of a ****ing horrible human being in the name of pointing to other people who could also have done better in their instances with the subject, which really isn't apples to apples.

Anything other than, "he's wrong and a piece of shit" can take a back seat because you're not being the type of person the women in your life surely deserve.

Who TF are you to tell me what I am or am not being? Your scorched earth take on this whole situation has you on tilt. I didn't defend the hire, I only pointed to a more appropriate comparison than the one you used in your post. Be much better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT