ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Permission to dream big?)

No.10 - And finally...

7-3.

That's my season prediction.

200.gif

If this was the NFL, it seems like, based on reports he would not make the roster cut. Practice squad maybe. Classic disgruntled underachiever. So very disappointing.
Careful. Sometimes the lights flip on and dudes like Eagles just do the damn thing. We'll see.

Reactions: Tilo
This article is further proof nobody at this site has a freaking clue what’s going on.
Time to get some sources.
We’re all here for the banter amongst ourselves and not for the information from inside the program. Hate away I don’t give a crap.

tenor.gif

Reactions: TexasEx09
I am not sure why you think it is good analysis to continue to judge today's team by the standards of the teams of the last ten years, the worst teams in Texas history. We have better players and will continue to improve as a team. We will not continue to be the worst we have ever been. You should be able to see past our worst years and take a realistic look at what we are going to put on the field this year. IMO you are not doing that You seem to be unable to recognize that we will not stay at our all time low permanently. .
If you consumed all of that data and don't understand why it's valuable, it might just be that these types of content items aren't for you.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, I have put in your lap a value system in recruiting that when applied to every recruit that Texas signs should provide a realistic snapshot of the expectations that one should have for them.

If that's not sinking in with specific detail, my stuff isn't for you as it relates to written content.

Reactions: o5prey
Based on 60 years of experience watching players progress and evaluation of elite talent
Coburn and Ojomo will blow up. Experts can see that. Collins and Broughton are elite. Much better defensive scheme and better coaching. Elite secondary talent will aid pass rush. Based on exactly that.
tenor.gif

What I worry about with this team is that it's been sucked down into being average for so long that it truly doesn't know how to get out of it.

That point right there is exactly where the new coordinators - and, on a broader scale, the new assistant coaches - can have their greatest impact.

This team has talent, albeit a bit thin and/or underdeveloped at a couple of positions, and playing for coordinators who are genuinely prime-time strategists and motivators on their side of the ball is exactly what these players need. Certainly, it was a last-chance move, but I believe Herman went out got that sort of coordinator for both the offense and defense.

I think this team is in good hands, and I'll be surprised if Ash and Yurcich and particularly the three defensive assistants don't have a noticeable impact on the level of play this team achieves.

They need to play consistently at a high level, and they really need some good fortune with injuries, but I'm really interested to see this season unfold.

New on this site....sure. New to reality....hardly. How confident are you in your predictions, I’d suppose you would like the money for another subscription if I’m wrong and if I’m right people will probably be piling on with OB subscriptions
Dude, I don't know you. I don't make wagers in general, not because I lack confidence.

I have 25 years of history I let speak for itself. I have skins all over the walls.

You? You haven't been around here long enough to act like you can talk to me with such bravado.

Reactions: bigbox and raspaman
That point right there is exactly where the new coordinators - and, on a broader scale, the new assistant coaches - can have their greatest impact.

This team has talent, albeit a bit thin and/or underdeveloped at a couple of positions, and playing for coordinators who are genuinely prime-time strategists and motivators on their side of the ball is exactly what these players need. Certainly, it was a last-chance move, but I believe Herman went out got that sort of coordinator for both the offense and defense.

I think this team is in good hands, and I'll be surprised if Ash and Yurcich and particularly the three defensive assistants don't have a noticeable impact on the level of play this team achieves.

They need to play consistently at a high level, and they really need some good fortune with injuries, but I'm really interested to see this season unfold.
It is a concern of mine that these coaches have the least amount of time with this team as they could almost have.

Reactions: DrewH14
We agree this roster is talented but Ketch is right in the fact we haven’t been shit for a decade now. I’ll believe it when I see it as well
What does a period of time when no players, no coaches, no AD, no university president was around tell you about this year? Zero. Nothing but the last 3 years is of even theoretical relevance and there are many logical reasons why this year is different than the past three. It is pure negative emotion and no logic. I hope you do not invest this way.

Reactions: modmousehorns78
Dude, I don't know you. I don't make wagers in general, not because I lack confidence.

I have 25 years of history I let speak for itself. I have skins all over the walls.

You? You haven't been around here long enough to act like you can talk to me with such bravado.
Calling you out on a 7-3 prediction is unacceptable, trying to make a wager on the prediction also unacceptable. Haha Ok got it. Seems like your opinions catch a fair amount of controversy do they not? How long I’ve been a paying member shouldn’t dictate whether i can comment on your posts but i guess that was a problem for you today. As far as skins all over the walls sir let’s keep in mind you are merely a columnist. Not trying to offend you but frankly you are writing your opinion on things and I just shared mine. Neither one of us is recruiting, developing talent, coaching or playing. I realize you own the site and have good content and a lot of years of experience but let’s be real your “skins” are your opinions which I’m sure have been wrong before.

I think that's incredibly bold. The next tackle for loss he makes will be the first of his career.
Well yeah, he was never going to be good as a 4i. He reportedly has had a really great camp getting to the QB and is going to be replacing Ojomo on passing downs.

whew boy, that's a lot of recency bias that sure ignores a lot surrounding context.
I’d rather it be recent data then living off fifteen years ago.

I’m not saying it is definite. Just saying it is possible based off what my eyes actually saw the last time I saw us play.

Calling you out on a 7-3 prediction is unacceptable, trying to make a wager on the prediction also unacceptable. Haha Ok got it. Seems like your opinions catch a fair amount of controversy do they not? How long I’ve been a paying member shouldn’t dictate whether i can comment on your posts but i guess that was a problem for you today. As far as skins all over the walls sir let’s keep in mind you are merely a columnist. Not trying to offend you but frankly you are writing your opinion on things and I just shared mine. Neither one of us is recruiting, developing talent, coaching or playing. I realize you own the site and have good content and a lot of years of experience but let’s be real your “skins” are your opinions which I’m sure have been wrong before.
Again, I don't know you at all. You have 318 posts on this site and have chosen tonight to seemingly introduce yourself to me, while talking with bluster and hyperbole.

You'll forgive me if I just ignore you for the most part.

So what’s the use in sending in questions if your not going to answer them or did you not like my question and chose not to answer? I thought we had the big Pow Wow last month and were over all the drama?

Reactions: coopdog
I’d rather it be recent data then living off fifteen years ago.

I’m not saying it is definite. Just saying it is possible based off what my eyes actually saw the last time I saw us play.
You can do that as a fan. It's 100-percent your right.

So what’s the use in sending in questions if your not going to answer them or did you not like my question and chose not to answer? I thought we had the big Pow Wow last month and were over all the drama?
That’s what I thought picking and choosing again.

Reactions: coopdog
what's your question?

I sent in a solid question and got no answer BUT I got a worthless list of yacht rock.

Again, I don't know you at all. You have 318 posts on this site and have chosen tonight to seemingly introduce yourself to me, while talking with bluster and hyperbole.

You'll forgive me if I just ignore you for the most part.
Dude it’s a forum on the internet who really knows hardly anyone on this site? Haha ridiculous. Make sure we all meet before commenting on one another’s post. #facepalm

Technically, it would be a one-game improvement from a year ago.
I understand that but losing 3 games with the returning players and an upgraded coaching staff should equal more than one win. Especially when there is no LSU and an OU losing a boat load of players.

Reactions: Dualthreat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT