ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Permission to dream big?)

Tune in early next week for no real Texas football insight BUT the top 10 moments from Daniel Day Lewis film My Left Foot.

I understand that but losing 3 games with the returning players and an upgraded coaching staff should equal more than one win. Especially when there is no LSU and an OU losing a boat load of players.
It's 2020, man. I'm somewhat preparing for the unexpected.

Reactions: James.jones8
I love that someone just tried to suggest that this column didn't have any Texas football insight when it literally contains the most insightful offensive line recruiting breakdown ever attempted by anyone in the industry.

Who gets fired if you think they only win 7 games. That sucks if so. I hope you are way wrong.
Me too.

I think the gang will likely return in 2021. Contracts are big and this staff has had to work with a hand tied behind its back all year.... a consideration I'm keeping in mind when thinking about this season.

I have listened to all the mods on the podcasts and it pretty clear only one has any real football knowledge. It is very obvious which one that is. Not saying they all don’t add something, they do, but their personal football knowledge is weak.

Reactions: cgentry10
Man everyone that doesn't see 7-3 as an extremely likely result of the season is hitting the burnt orange hooch hard tonight.

How many years in a row have we seen disappointment before you go cold turkey? There's no evidence aside from potential shown in minscule 1 game samples to think this is a team that can achieve 9 or more wins. I think 7-3 represents a good season for this team and 8 is over achieving......

Reactions: DrewH14
Or you can just not be a Richard Cranium.
Honestly was just trying to initially have some joking banter with your prediction and place a friendly bet. Wasn’t initially trying to be dick. I didn’t care too much for your pompous responses so responded like a smart ass. That being said I’m sorry I’m not trying to cause problems.

Honestly was just trying to initially have some joking banter with your prediction and place a friendly bet. Wasn’t initially trying to be dick. I didn’t care too much for your pompous responses so responded like a smart ass. That being said I’m sorry I’m not trying to cause problems.
Felt like the opposite. I'm pretty self deprecating, but I'm not going to let someone get daggers in for sport.

I'm not sure why we couldn't have a discussion without all of the colorful language.

I'm certainly willing to do so. Any legit conversation specific to any layer of the discussion you want to have, let's do it. Show me there's more to you than what's in this thread.

I'll chat all night with you.

I think Tom just needs to put it all together and he hasn't done that once in his entire career. Even in his best season, he dropped games he shouldn't have.

People keep asking what games Texas might lose as if they are completely unaware of this element of his coaching career.

this is all totally reasonable.

I would say that Tom has recruited at a higher level than Strong ever did and than Mack did toward the end, and the first of those highly rated classes are just now entering their junior and RS soph years.

The time is now to take it to the next level for him.

As it relates to the OL data, I just wanted to pass along this thought.

As the years go by and the sample size expands, the percentages have become more and more consistent in terms of explaining values of prospects.

The idea of Rivals or 247 or ESPN having better rankings or worse rankings completely misses the point of what I have created for you. It doesn't matter who has a guy ranked ahead or behind.

What matters are the tiers that a recruit is slotted in and it's mostly rare that there are drastic differences between services on kids in such a way that the math changes dramatically.

Being able to quantify the value of Rivals rankings while the other services can't be quantified outside of the connections one can make with the evidence I generally outline is a real plus.

You don't have to like the Rivals rankings, but you know what they are worth from a math standpoint.

If used properly, it should free from some of the nonsense that gets said about recruiting.

Reactions: rrunt
Felt like the opposite. I'm pretty self deprecating, but I'm not going to let someone get daggers in for sport.

I'm not sure why we couldn't have a discussion without all of the colorful language.

I'm certainly willing to do so. Any legit conversation specific to any layer of the discussion you want to have, let's do it. Show me there's more to you than what's in this thread.

I'll chat all night with you.
Probably shouldn’t have called it “weak ass” predictions and said you don’t know UTEP sucks (we def should and i predict we will hang more than 30’s on them). Looking back on it, I was a little abrasive. Like I said I apologize if I offended you. Wasn’t my intention I guess I’m just used to talking some shit with my friends or random people regarding sports. Casual nonsense bs pretty much.

Probably shouldn’t have called it “weak ass” predictions and said you don’t know UTEP sucks (we def should and i predict we will hang more than 30’s on them). Looking back on it, I was a little abrasive. Like I said I apologize if I offended you. Wasn’t my intention I guess I’m just used to talking some shit with my friends or random people regarding sports. Casual nonsense bs pretty much.
Texas can absolutely score 40+ this weekend.

But, it's also an opening game and I just don't know what to expect from a team that I just haven't seen with my own eyes yet.

I suppose I'm just preaching some cautiousness.

what's your question?
I thought it was pretty much a softball question but since I don’t have it in front of me.I will wing it. I wanted your opinion if you thought that 2020 was a year of nothing but chaos and hope it just goes away or if you thought this was a great year of change for the team and should be looked as a positive year.
If this was just a one off year of change or a permanent change in college football?

Texas can absolutely score 40+ this weekend.

But, it's also an opening game and I just don't know what to expect from a team that I just haven't seen with my own eyes yet.

I suppose I'm just preaching some cautiousness.
I’d say the whole column is full of very “wait and see” and “won’t fool me again” themes. I hear you but I’m also bullish on Texas this year with the coaching overhauls. Last year was a horrible disappointment so I completely am with you on Texas just really hasn’t done it for a decade. Betting odds would probably put them at 7-3 or 8-2 given the history of the program recently. I just think we finally get back to good TEXAS football this year

Reactions: horns--21
It is a concern of mine that these coaches have the least amount of time with this team as they could almost have.
But wasn't that overcome by a two_week delay to start the season plus a bye week before Tech to work out the kinks?

I thought it was pretty much a softball question but since I don’t have it in front of me.I will wing it. I wanted your opinion if you thought that 2020 was a year of nothing but chaos and hope it just goes away or if you thought this was a great year of change for the team and should be looked as a positive year.
If this was just a one off year of change or a permanent change in college football?
I don't think it's a year of nothing.

This is a chance for Texas to change its path.

Reactions: Ben3490
I hear you but I’m also bullish on Texas this year with the coaching overhauls.
That's what fans do when there are coaching changes.

I see a coaching staff that has an uneven calendar when it comes to installation and building. I would expect a lot more from them in year two than in this year of hands being tied behind backs.

Reactions: Elliot Carlin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT