ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Six months into his new job and Herman has OU on tilt)

I know people need positive vibes on here but on tilt? they did just sign more four star prospects than the rest of the Big 12 combined last year and have the two highest rated commitments in the conference in 2018
Maybe you go speak to their coaches about it,.

Does he? @Anwar Richardson 's last update had them not talking in quite a while. Doesn't seem like he's pressing very hard. That report also made it sound like Zaire wants a guarantee on starting. Yeah good luck with that.

No. Why? Because she's a female? Powerspread is that you? Nothing she did was wrong and clearly Herman had zero issue with it. In fact he retweeted it as did other Texas coaches.
I was told on Thursday it had been a month. Tim Beck checks in with him. We haven't seen a report out of any other city indicating Zaire was leaning toward that school, so we'll see what happens.

I was told on Thursday it had been a month. Tim Beck checks in with him. We haven't seen a report out of any other city indicating Zaire was leaning toward that school, so we'll see what happens.
Yet, you would agree that Herman is very interested in obtaining Zaire?

How do you not mention Jeter getting his number retired last night and then on top of it, the Astros taking 3 of 4 from the Yanks? C'mon Man!

Reactions: cnapp
Zaire has to see, that of the schools he's considering, we have the best coach and offense for his skill set. And here, there would be more media and equal or more pro scout attention. With that in mind, if Herman wants Zaire as much as Ketch says (and I think Herman does), Zaire comes here. Unlike some others, I don't think Herman wanting Zaire necessarily means that Herman thinks Zaire is better than Shane. I believe Herman would want Zaire even if he's only equal to Shane. Herman rightly wants immediate quality depth at the position.

That Selvin Young story brings back memories. I was somewhat close to him back then and as late as november 2001 he told me he was going to OKlahoma. I joined this site then to get a little closer look into his recruitment.

I remember sitting in his dorm room the next year with him, DJ, and Dockery playing NCAA and he told DJ that he was at the RRS the year before rooting for OU because he was so close to committing to them. Sally's Cookies FTW!

Reactions: Wooderson_SoCal
BUY or SELL: A Deshaun Watson/D'Onta Foreman backfield pairing wins and/or makes a Super Bowl before a Dak Prescott/Zeke Elliott pairing does?

(Sell) lol, my friend.

Yes, I know the instant reaction is to say no way based on the year Dak and Zeke just had, but consider the following:
1. Last year, both teams made the exact same round of the playoffs (round of 8).
2. Even if Watson is only a league average QB at first, the Texans just got a huge upgrade at the most important position on the field. At the end of 2015, if you had your choice between Deshaun and Dak as your franchise QB, which guy would you have chosen?
3. The Texans also upgraded the RB position by adding college football's most productive RB to a team that already has a 1,000 yard rusher on it.
4. The Texans add some guy named JJ Watt back onto the field this year. Watt alone has to be considered enough to get them one win closer in the playoffs than they would be without him, which puts them one win shy of a super bowl.
5. The competition in the AFC isn't as tough as it is in the NFC, and if you figure both Brady and Big Ben will retire in the next 1-2 years, the AFC will be completely wide open.

The Texans took a final 8 team from last year, upgraded the QB position, upgraded the RB position, and added through "virtual free agency" the most dominating defensive player in the last decade. What did the Cowboys do in the last month to go from a final 8 team in the NFC to NFC champs?

Reactions: Gus McCrea
How do you not mention Jeter getting his number retired last night and then on top of it, the Astros taking 3 of 4 from the Yanks? C'mon Man!
Not watching a lot of baseball right now.

That Selvin Young story brings back memories. I was somewhat close to him back then and as late as november 2001 he told me he was going to OKlahoma. I joined this site then to get a little closer look into his recruitment.

I remember sitting in his dorm room the next year with him, DJ, and Dockery playing NCAA and he told DJ that he was at the RRS the year before rooting for OU because he was so close to committing to them. Sally's Cookies FTW!
I heard the Texas ladies had an impact on his recruitment.

Yes, I know the instant reaction is to say no way based on the year Dak and Zeke just had, but consider the following:
1. Last year, both teams made the exact same round of the playoffs (round of 8).
2. Even if Watson is only a league average QB at first, the Texans just got a huge upgrade at the most important position on the field. At the end of 2015, if you had your choice between Deshaun and Dak as your franchise QB, which guy would you have chosen?
3. The Texans also upgraded the RB position by adding college football's most productive RB to a team that already has a 1,000 yard rusher on it.
4. The Texans add some guy named JJ Watt back onto the field this year. Watt alone has to be considered enough to get them one win closer in the playoffs than they would be without him, which puts them one win shy of a super bowl.
5. The competition in the AFC isn't as tough as it is in the NFC, and if you figure both Brady and Big Ben will retire in the next 1-2 years, the AFC will be completely wide open.

The Texans took a final 8 team from last year, upgraded the QB position, upgraded the RB position, and added through "virtual free agency" the most dominating defensive player in the last decade. What did the Cowboys do in the last month to go from a final 8 team in the NFC to NFC champs?
a. Watson isn't better than Dak.
b. Foreman isn't in the same class as Zeke.
c. Neither have played a game as a pro.
d. Slow down.;)

Reactions: cnapp
- OU coaches could be in the Playa Haters Ball. They showed a lot of desperation last week.

- Michelle Herman is UT's version of Cookie Lyons. You don't want to mess with her.
cookie-lyon-gif-the-streets-aint-made-for-everybody-thats-why-they-made-sidewalks.gif

- Chris Warren III is the truth. Considering Stan Drayton and Tom Herman agree, I'm in good company.

- I pointed this out to another poster, but Texas could have defeated Cal, Oklahoma, Kansas State, West Virginia and Kansas last year. You can safely argue coaching was the difference in each game, which could easily put Texas in the 9-win discussion with Herman. I also get the feeling Texas will never botch another coin toss, or have egregious special teams mistakes.

- Cowboys were very fortunate health wise last season. I need to think about that betting line.

- UFC fighters are avoiding each other, while the top boxers are finally fighting each other (see what happens when Mayweather leaves the sport). I'm counting down to GGG vs. Canelo.

- LeBron James is so good, people don't appreciate the amount of times he carried his teams to the finals.

a. Watson isn't better than Dak.
b. Foreman isn't in the same class as Zeke.
c. Neither have played a game as a pro.
d. Slow down.;)

I think Watson and Foreman will be great eventually, but what Dak and Zeke did is unprecedented in the NFL.
It's crazy to think another duo of rookie RB and QB comes in the league and lead in rushing yards and top five in QBR like that again.

I know a lot of fans will think they can get the next great QB, RB, or both and light the league on fire in year one, but this may not happen to that degree again or at the least a long time from now.

On Zaire, people should remember that Herman has no problem playing more than one QB. I've seen him make the position situational when he has QBs with different skill sets.

You thinking it was stacked is part of the problem.

Two championships fights, number one contender fight, two past champions vs outstanding prospects, what more do you want? It was a stacked event. UFC has watered down their events the last few years but Saturday's card was the exception. Perhaps you not being a fan of the fighters on the card is the problem but this card was dang near universally hailed as a stacked, fantastic card.

@Ketchum , it's not a good look that you weren't focused on a highly ranked/skilled prospect because he was committed to LSU and now that he is committed to Texas you've now decided to focus/re evaluate him and possibly ( most likely ) move him up in your rankings. You most likely have your reasons, but iys just not a good look. All prospects in the top 25-30 should be looked at with a magnifying glass, especially national top 150 level prospects. Just my humble opinion, continue the good work.
Agreed, that jumped off the page. Be better.

Reactions: _Ghost_
Ketch, all I can think about is that loss.

I was calm after the game.

Now, I want to take a baseball bat to a car and destroy it.

The angst has built up all throughout the night. The Spurs had them and then a fluke ankle roll compounded with another.

It just f--king sucks, man.
Same here. It was a long, slow bleed out once Kawhi went down. The result felt inevitable once GS started rolling.

"... You'll never get me to say anyone other than Michael Jordan is the GOAT, but LeBron James is building one hell of a case to be the no-doubt-about-it No. 2 player of all-time. "

Wilt is 6 feet under and still laughing...

sell.

Tom Herman disagrees with you.

The fact that TH is correctly trying to obtain an additional QB option is not equivalent to saying MZ has proven his D1 passing ability, IMO, so I think you've leapt to an unproven conclusion about TH's thinking.

Reactions: Change My Name
Your No. 8 makes it sound like GSW would have still comeback to win the game had Kawhi Leonard not been cheaply injured. Spurs would've won by double digits. Let's not give the Warriors too much credit on that one. Kawhi and the Spurs were making Golden State look like the ones held together by duct tape before he left the game. Curry suddenly getting tons of open looks (although he was draining them) wasn't a coincidence.

Just because both teams lost in the same round of the playoffs, does not magically make them the same quality of team. Who knows how well things work out for the Texans this year, but you're putting a lot into suppositions, and not a lot into facts. Ones like "Houston went 9-7, and got to play the Jaguars twice. And still only managed to beat them by a combined 4 points in 2 games". Or "Dallas went 13-3, and lost one on a meaningless game at the end of the season. And lost the other two by a combined 4 points".

More like a "you're not on the payroll" kind of out of the fray.
If this were somehow the wife of an opposing HC, and this were directed at one of our coaches, the thread would hit ten pages.
Plenty of people "not on the payroll" tweet about the Texas program without people taking exception. Recruits, Texas exes, HOF players, media, fans, government officials...

There may be a 10 page reaction, but you're not gonna convince me it has anything to do with payroll...

Reactions: kenkam
Had a hard time watching the Spurs game yesterday after Leonard went out. Kept switching and every time I came back to the game GS was getting closer. The Spurs have a hard time getting into their offense with Leonard and Parker who are their 2 best ball handlers. Mills and Aldridge really struggle without Leonard in there. Not sure what they can do now as I doubt Leonard is healthy the rest of the series. He was the best player out there yesterday and just tough to lose him.

ADVERTISEMENT