ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The bottom of the roster...)

I think you are completely off on the Collins/Carter dynamic right now. Will be fun to see how it plays out.

I don't follow this at all. What you posted as the 3 deep looks great to me, except that I don't think Carter will be starting in 2024. Some very exciting young talent at the position entering their second year in the program.

Who is not talking about Sorrell? If someone isn't talking about him as one of the top players they clearly don't actually follow the team.

a. How so? Just curious.

b. Who do you think starts in 2024?

c. It feels like he's flying under the radar to me.

American Music Awards Iann Dior GIF by AMAs
How woud you rank our RB compared to other Big 12 teams this year? When does recruiting pick up for football and basketball it has been so slow this year.

How woud you rank our RB compared to other Big 12 teams this year? When does recruiting pick up for football and basketball it has been so slow this year.

a, Probably first in terms of total groups, KU's Devin Neal might be the No.1 guy on paper as the only returning 1,000 yard back from a year ago

b. soon

a, Probably first in terms of total groups, KU's Devin Neal might be the No.1 guy on paper as the only returning 1,000 yard back from a year ago

b. soon
Thanks for the fast reply. FB recruiting looks to not be very good this year. I mean top 10 good. So many in state players are going to other school. We need to start landing top 100 players that make a big impact. This class need a WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, CB, S, LB. that can start soon.
I was hoping bball would build on the success this year and add top players but looks like they are just leaving. Time will tell.

Thanks for the fast reply. FB recruiting looks to not be very good this year. I mean top 10 good. So many in state players are going to other school. We need to start landing top 100 players that make a big impact. This class need a WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, CB, S, LB. that can start soon.
I was hoping bball would build on the success this year and add top players but looks like they are just leaving. Time will tell.
Let's revisit this on July 4th. Curious to see what it looks like then.

a. How so? Just curious.

b. Who do you think starts in 2024?

c. It feels like he's flying under the radar to me.
a) I think Carter is going to back up Murphy the next two years at nose. Collins and Sweat will rotate at DT this year. Collins just had his best spring in the program after adding a lot of strength since last year. He reportedly finally looks like he cares and is fully bought in. We shall see, but this spring was supposedly a big step for him.

b) Murphy (NT) and Collins (DT) unless Collins declares for the draft... then it would be Bledsoe. I think Carter will still be in rotation at Nose.

c) Crazy if true. He's definitely one of the best and most important players for this season.

Is there truth to the Lamar to Texans or is that wishful thinking in your part ? Would be a no brainer to me

a) I think Carter is going to back up Murphy the next two years at nose. Collins and Sweat will rotate at DT this year. Collins just had his best spring in the program after adding a lot of strength since last year. He reportedly finally looks like he cares and is fully bought in. We shall see, but this spring was supposedly a big step for him.

Why do you think Carter will play nose? Based on Alex's data, it sounds like he played about 10% of of his snaps there in 2022.

Make the trade for Lamar Jackson, Texans ... none of these college quarterbacks in this class have me thinking they are sure things. Lamar is a sure thing.
As a Cowboy fan you would love to see this and then laugh when it failed. He’s missed nine games the last two seasons. And he’s passing number over the last three seasons are pedestrian. All he would do is keep the Texans in mediocrity ot winning anything to go with getting crappy draft positions. You think he’s so great tell the Cowboys to get him.

Why do you think Carter will play nose? Based on Alex's data, it sounds like he played about 10% of of his snaps there in 2022.
Because that is his best fit in Texas's scheme. They were looking for someone that could spell Murphy and still hold up against the run. Bryant and Mitchell are not ready yet to be primary contributers, although both (and particularly Bryant) reportedly flashed some this spring.

IMO the “bottom of the roster” conversation has over a dozen too many names on it…

Yes = Wright, Merrill, Goram Welch… but only listing these guys would’ve been mean.

Honorable Should’ve Been Mentioned = Bush… Johnny try hard. But Johnny play bad.

No = Robinson, Red, Davis, Cojoe, Robertson, Stroh, Agbo, Collins, Broughton, Swanson, Ross, Burke, Bledsoe, Lefau, Jordan, Brice, Turner-Gooden… all of these guys are either only in their 2nd season or comfortably in the 2-deep.

I will say that today's news brings us much closer to your 5 that you had the MBB program rated last week.

We still need lots of help at the guard positions. Hopefully we get Hunter back and have Admas for 2 starting spots. I will trust others that Ademekwe will be a good reserve. We still need at least one more good outside shooter beyond Hunter and Admas.

I guess we are strong enough in the front court to not miss Mitchell too much, if he is actually gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT