ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The impact of losing Ochaun Mathis)

And man did you pick some cheesy Cruise scenes. Nothing from All The Right Moves - Nickerson…you are not God…you are just… a typing teacher
Also underrepresented Risky Business.

"Porsche. There is no substitute."
"who's the U-Boat commander?"
Guido the Killer pimp.
"Joel, get off the babysitter"
"Next time let's do it on a real train"
"Sometimes you just gotta say what the ****"

Hell half of my top 10 would be from that film.

Also underrepresented Risky Business.

"Porsche. There is no substitute."
"who's the U-Boat commander?"
Guido the Killer pimp.
"Joel, get off the babysitter"
"Next time let's do it on a real train"
"Sometimes you just gotta say what the ****"

Hell half of my top 10 would be from that film.

You do love you some Risky Business!

Reactions: styrbjorn
I wonder how this team would look with Roschon at LB and Sanders at DE

Both will be very good at their current positions but those positions are loaded and they could really help on the defensive side of the ball.

know it will never happen but would lead to a better more balanced roster

Reactions: smithd17 and MRTMRT
Can only transfer once without sitting, so that's helpful a bit. They need to figure out a way to put some guardrails up on the free transfer + NIL scenario.
Yea, I completely forgot about that one time transfer only. My bad.

You do love you some Risky Business!
BTW I thought your "word salad" on Ochaun was spot on.

I don't know what Mathis will do for the Huskers, but it looks to me like they may have bought a pig in a poke. @Alex Dunlap can tell you the story on those.

Good for him & his Mom for getting paid, especially since he may have peaked 2 years ago.

BTW I thought your "word salad" on Ochaun was spot on.

I don't know what Mathis will do for the Huskers, but it looks to me like they may have bought a pig in a poke. @Alex Dunlap can tell you the story on those.

Good for him & his Mom for getting paid, especially since he may have peaked 2 years ago.
Indeed.

• Haha
@Ketchum - Better than the 2004/2005 Blues? Mourinho's first season if memory serves me correctly. Or better than the Man U 2007 team with a young Ronaldo, still good Rooney and Tevez?

@Ketchum - Better than the 2004/2005 Blues? Mourinho's first season if memory serves me correctly. Or better than the Man U 2007 team with a young Ronaldo, still good Rooney and Tevez?
Yup.

These teams have been putting up a window of dominance that the league has never seen before. Both are going to pass 90+ points for the third time in four years.

Liverpool is one game away from its third CL final in 5 years. Man City is about to go back to back.

Texas needs to change the D to fit the personnel...If they walk out the same two deep personnel from last year... LOOKOUT!!!!!

Thanks for working on Sunday! Again.

the Mathis thing is weird. Nebraska had to have paid him a lot. TOS is saying he didn’t pick them because of money (supposedly level 1). They’re saying it was because Mathis wanted to pin his ears back and go after the qb to run up his sack numbers, and Texas told him he’d sometimes be in a stand up role and dropping back at times. Texas had to circle back in the last couple weeks about this, when it became apparent he was leaning towards Nebraska.

With signing days, the spring game and the draft behind us, it feels like a roller coaster of an off-season. We could really use a “shot in the arm” from the portal.

Ketch, appreciate your work as always. I have a hard time believing we lost this portal decision due to NIL. I think our defensive coaches just got out recruited which is concerning. Believe Mathis and his family will regret this decision several years from now.

Thanks for working on Sunday! Again.

the Mathis thing is weird. Nebraska had to have paid him a lot. TOS is saying he didn’t pick them because of money (supposedly level 1). They’re saying it was because Mathis wanted to pin his ears back and go after the qb to run up his sack numbers, and Texas told him he’d sometimes be in a stand up role and dropping back at times. Texas had to circle back in the last couple weeks about this, when it became apparent he was leaning towards Nebraska.
It was multiple things, money included. The conference issue was a small one as well. Big 10 > Bigv12.

Reactions: mb2cotter
I can’t wait to watch the speed on WR next year!

I feel like we are the new Texas tech where we score 65 and have no defense though.

Reactions: UTLonghorn98
Way too much doom and gloom. This is one player we lost out on. How about trusting the coaches? It’s only their 2nd year. If Nebraska spent more NIL money and TX didn’t want to, that’s ok by me. I’ve said it before, NIL and the portal are going to kill college football. No loyalty, It’s all about “show me the love and the money”. These kids are getting full scholarships to one of the best universities in the country, right? Guess that’s not enough. It’s going to take all the fun out of college football, and maybe all college sports. I know NIL is great for Bloods, and that’s great,, but one things for certain-just when you think you’ve got it figured out, you don’t.
The NCAA is way behind the wave on NIL. It is likely their greed and the lack of development of a plan to compensate semi-pro (I mean college) football players. The NCAA and school's have been caught flat footed. I agree with Ketch when he writes that the smart schools will come up with a GM position to coordinate boosters into NIL clearinghouses.

Reactions: Standaddy88
Cruise has a lot to pull from and I get why it didn’t make the list but he’s really good in Collateral imo. Trying to think which is the scene that I would say is best.

Cruise has a lot to pull from and I get why it didn’t make the list but he’s really good in Collateral imo. Trying to think which is the scene that I would say is best.
I considered this one.

I think Worthy will be one to watch next year. Texas needs to be very proactive behind the scenes to make sure he doesn't feel like he can definitely get more elsewhere.... like it did with Ewers.
Where can we donate? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT