ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (What needs to happen with Metroplex recruiting ...)

Naming a starting QB is far down the list of important things that we need two weeks before the Maryland game. The team knows who will start. Journalists obsess over this far more than coaches.
who has obsessed over it?

Also, the final five minutes of All-Access was focused completely on the subject of the quarterback battle. That's an in-house approved vehicle.

While I appreciate your honesty, I’m taken aback that a self-proclaimed movie critic has never seen The Searchers, Psycho, Alien, Dances With Wolves, or Old Yeller.

If you’ve seen Avatar, you’ve seen Dances With Wolves, but The Searchers is the greatest western of all time, Alien spawned a significant series of movies, Psycho is historically relevant in how it had done something never done before in movies, and Old Yeller is a movie reference for most everyone of all ages.

You lose critic street cred until you’ve seen these 4.
I don't believe I have ever called myself a self-proclaimed movie critic.

I haven't really changed my mind.

So, which did I misinterpret? Did you not state during the podcast that you think he keeps his job & sell that he’s coaching game 5 in this column?

I don't believe I have ever called myself a self-proclaimed movie critic.

I agree, but you review movies and give your thoughts on who should win Oscars, so you’ve placed yourself in that realm, whether on purpose or accident.

I can definitely scroll down when you give those thoughts in the future.

Any chance of you making the lunch bunch @echeese set up for the 31st?

BUY or SELL: We see Buechele sometime in the first three games for a reason other than injury to Ehlinger?

(Buy) I think we see him against Maryland in the second quarter.

So, either you are implying the Maryland game will be a blowout early, or you don't have much confidence in Ehlinger's ability to win the job outright?

hard to believe the movies in your top 10 that you haven't seen most of them are on TV every night of the week.
As far as recruiting i agree that we have to do a better job in TX but i love our out of state kids we just need to have a better mix next year.
If we have a nine or 10 win season do you think Herman would make a coaching change

BUY or SELL: Urban Meyer is coaching game No. 5 for Ohio State?

(Sell) I refuse to believe that school will roll him out in front of the media to answer questions about a subject they can't afford for them to have him embarrass them on. He's toast.

See this is what I am talking about as far as mixed signals are concerned. I think Anwar in his column says that Urban Meyer is coming back after doing a two or three game suspension at most, and you say he is gone, he is toast. Is he really toast or is he coming back anytime soon?

See this is what I am talking about as far as mixed signals are concerned. I think Anwar in his column says that Urban Meyer is coming back after doing a two or three game suspension at most, and you say he is gone, he is toast. Is he really toast or is he coming back anytime soon?
This one is easy: Anwar and Ketch are two different people and nobody knows.

Talk about rich, crazy, Asians, it seems like Austin has seen a rather noticeable influx of rich, (Maybe not so crazy) Asian, mainland Chinese people in the last few years. I wonder if they will ever become Longhorn fans and make big fat endowment donations to the school? Seeing as how a fair amount of their kids attend UT, that probably won't be too far off of the mark.

Ehlinger has to stay healthy, as in no more concussions, or we’ll be right back where we were last year at QB - Boo or a true FR.

Our OL can’t possibly be worse, so there’s that.

Fortunately, we have Orlando’s D and it’s likely improved, too.

I said in another thread that I think Herman replaces three members on the offensive side of the ball at the end of the season...Warehime, Mehringer and Beck. None of these guys should have ever been hired. Drayton has been a disappointment thus far as well, but has a lot of street cred.

I said in another thread that I think Herman replaces three members on the offensive side of the ball at the end of the season...Warehime, Mehringer and Beck. None of these guys should have ever been hired. Drayton has been a disappointment thus far as well, but has a lot of street cred.

Agree on Mehringer and Warehime.

I think Beck could survive on his recruiting ability unless the offense is atrocious again, and then all bets are off with everyone except Hand.

Drayton needs to show production because he probably isn't landing Noah Cain or Trey Sanders.

The X factor with offensive moves could depend on what Herman decides on getting Giles recruiting help.

Maybe Giles can start landing some big fish if the team wins 9 or 10.

Reactions: edmondhorn2
Or the princess bride !
That movie is on TV every damn day, how could he have not seen it?

Think of all of the great quotes and references he’s missed out on?!?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT