ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (What needs to happen with Metroplex recruiting ...)

@Ketchum is Beatty really an option? If so, do you think he would cure our woes in dfw and the receiver position?

I’m not saying people don’t watch. I’m saying it’s odd.

And it's stupid to say it's odd. It's a sport and organization many grew up playing and dreamed about. It's also great seeing the teams from other parts of the world and the exposure to varying cultures the teams get. There's nothing "odd" about not watching. What's odd is a complete lack of understanding of why people do watch.

And it's stupid to say it's odd. It's a sport and organization many grew up playing and dreamed about. It's also great seeing the teams from other parts of the world and the exposure to varying cultures the teams get. There's nothing "odd" about not watching. What's odd is a complete lack of understanding of why people do watch.

I’m sorry you’re upset. You should watch as much 13 year old baseball as you want to.

Don’t mind me.

And most importantly Yancey understands that he is tied together with the sports dietician and sports science folks.

This is an example of making the most of our resources and being innovative to be the best.
Yancy is a difference maker. His impact will be seen this year.

Reactions: cammac88
That movie is on TV every damn day, how could he have not seen it?

Think of all of the great quotes and references he’s missed out on?!?

giphy.gif
the-princess-bride-quotes-quotes-from-the-princess-bride-quotes-from-the-princess-bride-2.jpg

BUY or SELL: Texas is still at a point with its kicking game that when faced with a 4th-and-3 or less from the 35 to 45 yard line, CTH will go for it instead of kicking?

(Sell) I actually think Joshua Rowland could emerge as a possible strength for this team. He seems to be a different kicker than he was at this time a year ago.

Is this just a hunch, because there has been very little coming out about the kicking game.

Reactions: OleBraach
I agree, but you review movies and give your thoughts on who should win Oscars, so you’ve placed yourself in that realm, whether on purpose or accident.

I can definitely scroll down when you give those thoughts in the future.

Any chance of you making the lunch bunch @echeese set up for the 31st?
I just like movies a lot.

I won't make the 31st. too much work to do that particular day.

Reactions: Texas Diesel
BUY or SELL: We see Buechele sometime in the first three games for a reason other than injury to Ehlinger?

(Buy) I think we see him against Maryland in the second quarter.

So, either you are implying the Maryland game will be a blowout early, or you don't have much confidence in Ehlinger's ability to win the job outright?
I think it will be a slow starting opener.

BUY or SELL: Urban Meyer is coaching game No. 5 for Ohio State?

(Sell) I refuse to believe that school will roll him out in front of the media to answer questions about a subject they can't afford for them to have him embarrass them on. He's toast.

See this is what I am talking about as far as mixed signals are concerned. I think Anwar in his column says that Urban Meyer is coming back after doing a two or three game suspension at most, and you say he is gone, he is toast. Is he really toast or is he coming back anytime soon?
It's not mixed signals if he and I disagree on what happens. It's a difference of opinion.

The Searchers #1 Western?

High Noon would have to be in that conversation, and maybe Shane.

You are 100% correct and I should have said “arguably”. Attached is the AFI ranking that has these movies top 3. Irregardless of overall ranking, most feel it is John Ford and John Wayne’s best movie, and should be seen by any that enjoy movie watching.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI's_10_Top_10

Reactions: unihorn
2. Make the Metroplex a bigger priority

The truth of the Tom Herman recruiting model is that it doesn't place a very high level of importance on the Metroplex.

It wasn't an important area for Herman while he was at Houston and the trend has followed him to Texas. In three-plus years as a head coach, Herman and his staff have never landed a four-star prospect from the Metroplex and they've signed only one high three-star prospect (Byron Hobbs in 2017). Signing one state top 100-type kid from such a critical region wouldn't be good enough for The University of Houston, let alone The University of Texas.

It can't be emphasized enough that Herman must make improving his program's influence in the Metroplex a priority, complete with special recruiting events aimed specifically at kids from this area. Hiring a new staff member or two is only the first step that needs to take place.

The problem is that coaching at UH, you can make a living signing 20+ 3-star types from Greater Houston and STILL have a talent advantage over your conference foes. Unfortunately, for Herman, this isn't UH and we aren't in the AAC. Pretty f'n serious misstep on his part it seems from a recruiting standpoint.

Texas in the next two years lands one of the following RB Cain/Sanders/Evens?
Texas has a first round pick in next years draft?
How does Texas have higher recruits than just about every big 12 team and still have one of the worst units?
Buy
Buy
Million dollar question

100% agree.

I’m sure he has done that before but it was still impressive to me. I hope it had an impact on the players. Gives you a glimpse of Mack as the coach we didn’t see enough of.

Agree on Jones. He is about to blow it up. Thorpe award consideration IMO.

This is the most I’ve ever agreed with your top 10. I refuse to trust the Oline. The depth and talent still aren’t there. If this is a plus unit then Herb Hand is a god.

At the same time if they are a little better and with more experience at QB it could mean 9 wins. Also the schedule this year looks a lot friendlier with lots of good opposing QBs gone
good stuff!

Then why do you have all that Occar crap every year? Seems like you love talking about movies and movie performances.
Does love talking about moves mean someone is a self-proclaimed critic.

Storing this for absolute, crazy non-sense to be referred back to later. That “If” couldn’t be in large enough, bold enough font for starters. Bale’s made of glass. I’ll even spot you Bale +10 and still take Ronaldo gladly.
I think we see a dip in Ronaldo's goal-scoring this year.

The Searchers is definitely the GOAT western as far as I’m concerned.

Others in the conversation:

High noon
The man who shot liberty valance
Once upon a time in the West
The good, the bag & the ugly
The wild bunch
Ride the high country
Mccabe & Mrs miller
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid
Lonesome Dove (If tv is counted)
Stagecoach
Unforgiven is better than most of those movies.

ADVERTISEMENT