ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Beyond the point of no return...)

Texas didn't hire a hiring AD.
Agreed, and that was the biggest concern a lot of us had about him before he was hired.

Let's hope him being our AD doesn't blow back on us in a way that sinks the next five years. As you said, fans and BMD's need to make sure their voices are heard loudly and clearly over this next week.

I told someone today, the anger will turn from Herman to Del Conte. I don't believe Texas admin believes that to be the case. We'll see.

He placed himself on center stage by how things have gone down. He has risked his own career.

Agreed, and that was the biggest concern a lot of us had about him before he was hired.

Let's hope him being our AD doesn't blow back on us in a way that sinks the next five years. As you said, fans and BMD's need to make sure their voices are heard loudly and clearly over this next week.
NO doubt. That's not MMQBing. That was known in. real time when it happened.

When you are a CEO and you are building a team. You have met with at least 4-5 potential recruits for all of your major direct reports. At any given time, you have a recruits bench that can be called on in 24 hours when you are ready to make a change. What you dont do, is muff the stealth comms internally or externally. Its just you and the recruit. You get to know them and over time, they are your friend and you have connectivity to where its easy to bring them in the door.

Reactions: CutaneousHorn
Campbell would reportedly take Michigan over Texas. I personally don't think he's a dynamic enough recruiter for a place like Texas.
I'll take the guy who's proven he can get the most out of most of his players, because that guy will probably enhance his recruiting considerably as the years move along.

I agree his recruiting potential is a risk factor, though, and I agree he has his eye on Michigan right now. But if Texas comes calling, he'll definitely take it seriously.

So, let me get this straight, the reason everyone is suddenly pessimistic is because the timing isn’t right? Haven’t we been told the whole time that Urban controls the timing? Something just isn’t adding up.

Also it’s funny that no one is reporting a no. Just that they don’t feel good about it. And no one ever reported they do feel good about it. The only consistent facts I’ve seen are:

1. Texas made a badass offer.
2. Health and family will be deciding factors.
3. Urban is dictating timing.
4. Everyone involved is tight lipped and there’s no info to come by. Especially on the Meyer side which is the side everyone is waiting on.

So after reporting that no one really knows anything, now all of a sudden everyone “feels” something?

Edit: Also, we’ve gone from everyone on the same page, Texas finally acting like Texas to no one has a clue or a Plan B, same ol’, same ol’? Again, something not adding up.

@Ketchum? Thoughts?

Well, Texas hasn't had a football AD in half a century.
You are making my point. That’s why it’s been mostly mediocre. Wanna win? Build a team from the top down that’s qualified to run and sustain the Football Business. Stop expecting a coach or player to be a savior.

Not me. Several people in Austin who have been with him. You my friend are a fraud. When you have something other than opinions to contribute feel free to jump in. Until then, keep your bad takes to yourself.
Refer to the levels chart sir. You are incorrect about the level.

Reactions: SR60 and DrothmanII
Ketch,

We (& soon the administration) can agree that Herman must go. A coaching search for someone other than Urban will likely not culminate until after the Bowls. Correct?

If timing is the issue for Urban to get a staff he knows will allow him to excel at Texas & only stress to an acceptable degree, then why not give him the time needed & the commitment to offer enough money they won't be able to refuse (an offer they can't refuse), if he will even silently commit to us.

Can't he put out some behind the scenes feelers on the down low to know what it will take to get his guys? Most are young enough that for the right money they would make a move, even from a very good job & comfortable position?

It sounds like Urban really wants to coach here, but only under the right circumstances. OSU isn't going to open up again for him, & no one else would make the open ended commitment to both him & his staff. He must be made to realize it's now or never, & we have to be sure he knows that.

How about if he brings Herman back and we go 7-5 or worse next year?
PopularLongDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

Campbell would reportedly take Michigan over Texas. I personally don't think he's a dynamic enough recruiter for a place like Texas.
Agree on all of it. If Texas makes a change, whoever they choose has to be a dynamic recruiter IMO or it won't work. Campbell is a damn good coach, but I don't know that he would work at Texas.

Agree on all of it. If Texas makes a change, whoever they choose has to be a dynamic recruiter IMO or it won't work. Campbell is a damn good coach, but I don't know that he would work at Texas.
Very Gary Barnett-ish.

Reactions: Moooooo
Recruiting will be fun to finish rhe 2021 season, and this spring. Imagine a parent talking to Tom, “ you want my son to commit to you, when your own AD was courting another coach. And the only reason you are here in our living room is because there really was no one else”

I smell an extension coming if we end up playing and winning against Kansas.

Reactions: drunk randoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT