ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

GK,

Have you received any feedback re: your call to MV ISD Leadership ??? in addition have you ever tried or been able to contact Briles to schedule an interview with him ...

Given the controversy I would have to believe same would be a journalistic coup ...

It's amazing what sometimes gets passed around as pathetic and what sometimes gets ignored.

His having young women in his home is an important part of the story IMO. It's our jobs as fathers to take stands for our daughters.

It's not my fault that he hasn't.
He is disgusting and I see the point you are making but posting his children's pic has a collateral cost that is not worthy of the point. The cost? Their innocense. They don't belong in this in this specific way. They are due that and nothing their father does is worth that price.

Reactions: exit-left
GK,

Have you received any feedback re: your call to MV ISD Leadership ??? in addition have you ever tried or been able to contact Briles to schedule an interview with him ...

Given the controversy I would have to believe same would be a journalistic coup ...
Just voice mail and messages thus far. I have numbers for four of the seven board members. Just called Robert Taylor and left a message with him as well.

He is disgusting and I see the point you are making but posting his children's pic has a collateral cost that is not worthy of the point. The cost? Their innocense. They don't belong in this in this specific way. They are due that and nothing their father does is worth that price.
Their innocence? It's been lost because someone used the public profile picture their father uses on social media in a story about their father?

Sometimes that can come off like a shield of sorts for people like Zach Smith.

What policies is Trump pushing that are a threat to the safety of women?

I just don’t think you understand the threat that many Americans feel big government poses to both men and women.
I think you need to talk to some women... ones not watching Fox News.

Are you doing this purely as a concerned citizen, or as a journalist representing Orangebloods?
I left a message letting them know I was with Orangebloods,com, which is a site in the Rivals network.

The double-digit number of women that have alleged that he sexually assaulted them disagree with you.
Well, if true yes. But since his election the number of fake racial assaults can't be ignored as attempted political chases to discrrdit his election. As well, they are all alleged and not one deemed credible. No shred of proof and no charges filed. It seems they are of the same nefarious intention. But give me credible allegation and I will certainly give you an apology.

Well, if true yes. But since his election the number of fake racial assaults can't be ignored as attempted political chases to discrrdit his election. As well, they are all alleged and not one deemed credible. No shred of proof and no charges filed. It seems they are of the same nefarious intention. But give me credible allegation and I will certainly give you an apology.
Description of false equivalence
False equivalence is a logical fallacy where there appears to be a logical equivalence (usually in quantity and quality of evidence) between two opposing arguments, but when in fact there is one side has substantially higher quality and quantity of evidence. However, there is no equivalence between the two sides of a “debate” when one is supported by evidence, and the other side has no evidence, or evidence of low quality.

The logical fallacy not only inflates evidence to support a false assertion but also depreciates the evidence on the other side, both in an attempt to make it appear that the arguments are roughly equivalent. In other words, in false equivalence, someone will state that the opposing arguments have a passing similarity in support, when, on close examination, there is large difference between the quality of evidence.

Anecdotes are often used by those who push pseudoscience because they are so compelling and emotional. However, anecdotes are not considered high quality evidence, because they tend to suffer from a whole raft of bias. They also lack scientific and statistical analyses which are hallmarks of scientific evidence. To the pseudoscience community, anecdotes are peer-reviewed, published data.

Regrettable that the thread devolved into both sides to score cheap political points, but inevitable once the original post brought politics into the discussion.

I think you need to talk to some women... ones not watching Fox News.
I have a lot of female friends, acquaintances, coworkers, and family members that think differently than you on social and political policies, and they also do NOT watch Fox News, just FYI.

There’s tons of them out there.

Also, Fox News has several flaws, but they’re as credible or more than plenty of left-leaning media outlets.

I'll concede that he's probably borderline, but he was one of the best and most impactful offensive players in the first decade of this century.

It's not like I love eagles players, but i respect the hell out of McNabb. he earned it.

Best and most impactful in the first decade? I would say Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Favre, Warner, Vick and Rivers all had more impact plays than McNabb. Could they all get in, sure, but when you rank those players, McNabb finishes behind them. When he presents his resume, he says look at my stats and I'm easily the top 7-8th player at my position for that decade. That doesn't scream HOF.

Just look at this passer rating. He only finished in the top five twice in his career. For his entire career he sits 35th between David Garrard and Jay Cutler. Woof!

He's also 9-7 in the playoffs with a superbowl loss. He had 350 yds in that loss but threw three ints.

Reactions: echeese
*blank stare*

It's the kind of state-run media outlet that we make fun of countries like North Korea over.
It’s obviously biased, and openly biased, towards conservatives. What mainstream media outlets would you say are more ethical and credible than Fox?

For the record, I watch about 1 hour of Fox News per month, and I think 95% of all mainstream media is garbage.

Reactions: teflojr
Why are hate crimes increasing even though you said they’re not? Anomaly? Inaccurate numbers?

Per your own article. . .a trend that began under Obama . . ..Oops.

I linked a study showing evidence of racism actually decreasing under Trump. . .. confirmation bias to simply ignore facts that don't fit the agenda.

My friend, claiming Trump is racist because the talking heads say so is ignorant. He's done more for minorities in this country than Big O dreamed. . . simple fact.

Guess when Ketch goes political, gloves are off. Love it, I have facts on my side . .. .vs opinions and unicorns.

Best and most impactful in the first decade? I would say Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Favre, Warner, Vick and Rivers all had more impact plays than McNabb. Could they all get in, sure, but when you rank those players, McNabb finishes behind them. When he presents his resume, he says look at my stats and I'm easily the top 7-8th player at my position for that decade. That doesn't scream HOF.

Just look at this passer rating. He only finished in the top five twice in his career. For his entire career he sits 35th between David Garrard and Jay Cutler. Woof!

He's also 9-7 in the playoffs with a superbowl loss. He had 350 yds in that loss but threw three ints.
I don't have it in me to cape for an Eagle today. I'm wrong. You win.

Reactions: BennettBrauer
My friend, claiming Trump is racist because the talking heads say so is ignorant. He's done more for minorities in this country than Big O dreamed. . . simple fact.
Jesus Christ.

FACTS . . . .WE DONT NEED NO STINKING FACTS.

You left off Rodgers and Russell.

Now Vick. ... he's another nice QB but not HOFer.

Of his peers, he trails:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
P Manning
Farve
Warner
Big Ben
Russell

All pretty sure HOFers.

McNabb in a bunch with Rivers, E Manning (likely gets in with 2 SBs but not really worthy) Romo, Ryan.

As I said, he's an idiot (or anyone else) who thinks he could carry Troy's jock. Playoffs are the time to make teh HOF. Donovan was a dud in the playoffs

Reactions: teflojr
Per your own article. . .a trend that began under Obama . . ..Oops.

I linked a study showing evidence of racism actually decreasing under Trump. . .. confirmation bias to simply ignore facts that don't fit the agenda.

Guess when Ketch goes political, gloves are off. Love it, I have facts on my side . .. .vs opinions and unicorns.
Someone stated they’ve not increased. I was refuting that. I don’t think you can attribute that to one person on either side. I didn’t vote for Obama or trump.

Jesus Christ.

Man you don't like reality do you?

Tell me about Hispanic and AA unemployment.

Tell me about the rise in median income.

Tell me about the fall of people on welfare and in poverty.

Stop listening to MSNBC, Racheal is truly clueless.

Read the link study I posted showing incidents of racism falling under Trump while they rose under your boy.

Read the link study I posted showing incidents of racism falling under Trump while they rose under your boy.
You cannot be helped, so I won't try. Have a blessed day.

Don’t bring a facts to a feelings fight, bro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT