Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Please Texas... make me wrong)

... It says a lot that Scottie Scheffler shot a 65 on Friday at the Tour Championship and still finished two touchdowns behind Viktor Hovland for the win.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it says? FWIW, in the other 3 rounds he went +4 combined. You aren’t winning the Tour Championship shooting 1 under for the tournament.

Absolutely. Insane amount of talent back there. Especially at corner. Hope we can find time to get some of our young safeties experience this year.

WR same with More Niblett and Cook.
Hopefully G Helm sticks around for his senior year
PLus, I think they get a war daddy at WR in the Portal.

Reactions: styrbjorn
Wow that was a great 10 thoughts lots of great info on the team.
I think 9 & 3 is the floor on the team & 11 & 1 is the ceiling but hopefully will be fun to watch I know I am so ready to see a team that dominates teams not be in a toss up game late in the 4th & if we do dominate less chance officials can screw us.
On your song lists I don't agree with all but outstanding job to go through all those lists
Great post. I think we have to be careful with the floor projections, just because an injury to Ewers at any point would be a game changer that you can't account for at this stage.

I’m definitely speaking from a personal level. I graduated high school in ‘86 with MTV being a huge player in my youth. LRC was a stop down watch, while WDC was an immediate channel change.

I get that stylistically WDC matters historically, but I think LRC paved the way. Had WDC been his first hit, would it been as heralded? I don’t think so.
I love WDC. Top 10 song all-time for me. I remember walking out of the theater at the age of 8 in 1984 after seeing Purple Rain and my life was changed in a lot of ways. :)

Reactions: Texas Diesel
After a decade plus of disappointment, I’m still hesitant to drink the kool aid that everyone is hyping up again. Put me down for 9-3 but I could also see 8-4 😕
Having your foot slightly on the break is understandable.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it says? FWIW, in the other 3 rounds he went +4 combined. You aren’t winning the Tour Championship shooting 1 under for the tournament.
It says he was nowhere close to winning.

Fantastic top 10's @Ketchum - impressive work.
now let's go Horns!!!

Shocked Glitter GIF by Nickelodeon

I think QE comes back for one more year so that should help
If Quinn has a really good year, he is gone to the NFL. If he doesn't, I'd expect him to hit the transfer portal. Next year's QB will be either Arch or Maalik.

If Quinn puts up the numbers you predict and the defense is a plus unit as you predict, they’re 9-3? Doesn’t add up.
It does when you believe/expect a couple of clunkers mixed in there.

You don't put up a 155 by going 155 every week. You've got some 170s in there, maybe a 200 and then some sub-110s.

Agreed. More to the point, there's not a single U2 song that raises my pulse when it comes on the radio. In fact I normally switch the channel. Sirius XM not only gave them a station but beats them to death on several other stations (like 1st Wave).

I respect U2, and I know a lot of folks who think they are the greatest band ever. I also respect Madonna, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga for their business acumen and brand building. But their music does not speak to me.
Exactly. Although, damn Swift will end up being the biggest entertainer of all time. She is a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: styrbjorn
It does when you believe/expect a couple of clunkers mixed in there.

You don't put up a 155 by going 155 every week. You've got some 170s in there, maybe a 200 and then some sub-110s.
Experience and familiarity with the system are what will prevent sub 110’s in my opinion. If nothing else, we will see a much more consistent Quinn.

There’s virtually no chance Ewers is our starter next season. One way or another.
If he doesn’t go in the first couple rounds and deciders to come back you think he would just portal out? Even though he could come back and start?

Experience and familiarity with the system are what will prevent sub 110’s in my opinion. If nothing else, we will see a much more consistent Quinn.
Sam had sub 110s in his senior season. In every season, in fact.

10. Foreigner - Waiting For a Girl Like You
9. Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is
8. Billy Vera and The Beaters- At This Moment
7. Journey - Faithfully
6. Bon Jovi - Wanted: Dead or Alive
5. INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
4. Phil Collins - Against All Odds
3. Journey - Open Arms
2. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
1, Prince - Purple Rain

Loved your attempt at ranking all the genres of songs. Had to take some time. However, your power ballads need some work. No REO is criminal at best. Heart “Alone”. GnR “November Rain” may be the best ever. No Cinderella. Motley Crue “Hime Sweet Home”. Whew. I don’t consider that BJ song or the Phil Collins song power ballads personally.

EDIT: Fantastic write up overall. Solid ”A”.

If he doesn’t go in the first couple rounds and deciders to come back you think he would just portal out? Even though he could come back and start?

If he is not projected in the first couple of rounds then it’s almost a certainty he didn’t play very well and we had a disappointing season. Sark is not going to ride Ewers for a third season.

Sam had sub 110s in his senior season. In every season, in fact.
Three things Sam didn’t have that Quinn does. A special arm. A special set of receiving targets. A QB coach the caliber of Sark.

Reactions: lonestar48
Three things Sam didn’t have that Quinn does. A special arm. A special set of receiving targets. A QB coach the caliber of Sark.
Sam could run though. Had to honor that. Huge threat.

That’s the second biggest thing I think QE needs to improve upon. Not necessarily running the ball but avoiding pressure and being much more mobile and fluid in the pocket.

Reactions: Horn19
Sam could run though. Had to honor that. Huge threat.

That’s the second biggest thing I think QE needs to improve upon. Not necessarily running the ball but avoiding pressure and being much more mobile and fluid in the pocket.
Agree and I think he has gotten his body in a much better place to do just that. I think Quinn has solid pocket awareness and is a better athlete than he showed us last season. I think we’ll see increased mobility inside and outside the pocket. We will need some ad lib against Bama.

Reactions: A-10HORN
Loved your attempt at ranking all the genres of songs. Had to take some time. However, your power ballads need some work. No REO is criminal at best. Heart “Alone”. GnR “November Rain” may be the best ever. No Cinderella. Motley Crue “Hime Sweet Home”. Whew. I don’t consider that BJ song or the Phil Collins song power ballads personally.

EDIT: Fantastic write up overall. Solid ”A”.
November Rain was 90s.

Alone was the last song out of the top 10.

One thing Ewers hasn't proven yet.. that he's better than Sam.

Last edited:
Reactions: htownhorn13