ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Please Texas... make me wrong)

I agree man. I just think we are this year and next year away from being really good.

When Ant Hill and Arch’s class are juniors I expect to compete for the SEC championship. Need to land a few pieces in the portal at DT and a few other places but I expect to compete then.

My hope is a few OL from Kelvin Banks class are still around and starting as seniors
That 2022 OL class will be upperclassmen starting next year.

Reactions: A-10HORN
If we lose to TCU go ahead and fire the entire staff. That team lost every player who mattered last year.
They got a very solid portal class but I still think we beat them. They also have very solid LBs and DBs. Will be a tough game for our offense

Reactions: styrbjorn
That 2022 OL class will be upperclassmen starting next year.
And thank God we have them entering the first season in the SEC.

I’m mainly concerned about the offensive weapons we lose next year and the loses on defense. We’ll see I guess.

Good discussion. I’ll focus on this year now though and we can see what we have for next year after the season.

I think QE comes back for one more year so that should help

And thank God we have them entering the first season in the SEC.

I’m mainly concerned about the offensive weapons we lose next year and the loses on defense. We’ll see I guess.

Good discussion. I’ll focus on this year now though and we can see what we have for next year after the season.

I think the WR unit next year will be exceptional. Same with the back end on defense.

I think the WR unit next year will be exceptional. Same with the back end on defense.
Absolutely. Insane amount of talent back there. Especially at corner. Hope we can find time to get some of our young safeties experience this year.

WR same with More Niblett and Cook.
Hopefully G Helm sticks around for his senior year

Wow that was a great 10 thoughts lots of great info on the team.
I think 9 & 3 is the floor on the team & 11 & 1 is the ceiling but hopefully will be fun to watch I know I am so ready to see a team that dominates teams not be in a toss up game late in the 4th & if we do dominate less chance officials can screw us.
On your song lists I don't agree with all but outstanding job to go through all those lists

Reactions: Ketchum and Bmk1989
10 times the song? Come on...

From Wiki: "When Doves Cry" became one of Prince's signature songs. Spin magazine ranked "When Doves" the No. 6 song of all time.[citation needed] In 2021, Rolling Stone ranked "When Doves Cry" No. 37 on its list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".[16] In 2006, VH1's "The 100 Greatest Songs of the '80s" ranked the song at No. 5.
I’m definitely speaking from a personal level. I graduated high school in ‘86 with MTV being a huge player in my youth. LRC was a stop down watch, while WDC was an immediate channel change.

I get that stylistically WDC matters historically, but I think LRC paved the way. Had WDC been his first hit, would it been as heralded? I don’t think so.

After a decade plus of disappointment, I’m still hesitant to drink the kool aid that everyone is hyping up again. Put me down for 9-3 but I could also see 8-4 😕

... It says a lot that Scottie Scheffler shot a 65 on Friday at the Tour Championship and still finished two touchdowns behind Viktor Hovland for the win.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it says? FWIW, in the other 3 rounds he went +4 combined. You aren’t winning the Tour Championship shooting 1 under for the tournament.

Absolutely. Insane amount of talent back there. Especially at corner. Hope we can find time to get some of our young safeties experience this year.

WR same with More Niblett and Cook.
Hopefully G Helm sticks around for his senior year
PLus, I think they get a war daddy at WR in the Portal.

Wow that was a great 10 thoughts lots of great info on the team.
I think 9 & 3 is the floor on the team & 11 & 1 is the ceiling but hopefully will be fun to watch I know I am so ready to see a team that dominates teams not be in a toss up game late in the 4th & if we do dominate less chance officials can screw us.
On your song lists I don't agree with all but outstanding job to go through all those lists
Great post. I think we have to be careful with the floor projections, just because an injury to Ewers at any point would be a game changer that you can't account for at this stage.

I’m definitely speaking from a personal level. I graduated high school in ‘86 with MTV being a huge player in my youth. LRC was a stop down watch, while WDC was an immediate channel change.

I get that stylistically WDC matters historically, but I think LRC paved the way. Had WDC been his first hit, would it been as heralded? I don’t think so.
I love WDC. Top 10 song all-time for me. I remember walking out of the theater at the age of 8 in 1984 after seeing Purple Rain and my life was changed in a lot of ways. :)

Reactions: Texas Diesel
After a decade plus of disappointment, I’m still hesitant to drink the kool aid that everyone is hyping up again. Put me down for 9-3 but I could also see 8-4 😕
Having your foot slightly on the break is understandable.

Out of curiosity, what do you think it says? FWIW, in the other 3 rounds he went +4 combined. You aren’t winning the Tour Championship shooting 1 under for the tournament.
It says he was nowhere close to winning.

Fantastic top 10's @Ketchum - impressive work.
now let's go Horns!!!

Shocked Glitter GIF by Nickelodeon

If Quinn has a really good year, he is gone to the NFL. If he doesn't, I'd expect him to hit the transfer portal. Next year's QB will be either Arch or Maalik.

If Quinn puts up the numbers you predict and the defense is a plus unit as you predict, they’re 9-3? Doesn’t add up.
It does when you believe/expect a couple of clunkers mixed in there.

You don't put up a 155 by going 155 every week. You've got some 170s in there, maybe a 200 and then some sub-110s.

Agreed. More to the point, there's not a single U2 song that raises my pulse when it comes on the radio. In fact I normally switch the channel. Sirius XM not only gave them a station but beats them to death on several other stations (like 1st Wave).

I respect U2, and I know a lot of folks who think they are the greatest band ever. I also respect Madonna, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga for their business acumen and brand building. But their music does not speak to me.
Exactly. Although, damn Swift will end up being the biggest entertainer of all time. She is a force to be reckoned with.

It does when you believe/expect a couple of clunkers mixed in there.

You don't put up a 155 by going 155 every week. You've got some 170s in there, maybe a 200 and then some sub-110s.
Experience and familiarity with the system are what will prevent sub 110’s in my opinion. If nothing else, we will see a much more consistent Quinn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT