Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (They don't get more important than this!)

jonusn44

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
Ketch, why doesn't Ty Simpson's name come up as a 2022 QB of interest? Rivals has him ranked as the #3 Pro Style; a coaches son and quoted as saying he would love to visit Texas.

McGuapo

McGuapo only kills men, not crying women!
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
a. Or Murphy. First one to say yes. But, yeah, I have a man crush on Klubnik.

b. 9-3 is about where I'm at.

c. That one, too, but the Oakland game featured a team with an old quarterback routing a defending champion in Tampa! ;)

d. But, that GT offense was horrible.

e. John Lynch was never better than Darren Woodson a day in his life. Oh, and Woodson has a hand full of rings and was arguably better than Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Charles Hakey at his peak. He totally transformed the position. He was the first linebacker/safety tweener that took over the sport in the 90s by being able to play like a linebacker in run support, while covering tight endsm, backs and receivers as a cover guy.
I too am an OG member of the put some damn respect on Darren Woodson’s name club. He was the first of his kind and was overshadowed by bigger “names” and personalities on his own team at the time, so he never got the proper respect.

sodiumacetate

Weizen bitte
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2005
Northville, MI
Texas is getting Bryce Anderson and Brenan Thompson.

I think Banks is way, way more important than Dewberry. Plenty of guards that can take Kam’s place.

Harold Perkins is Cy Park not Cy Creek.

Green is not a top 30 prospect. Not even the best TE prospect in the state.

I bet Texas gets Ewers in the end.
Agree with all of this.

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns

McGuapo

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
Well, of course, he did. Who is suggesting that he didn't?
I always love these kinds of arguments. Where we pretend every player doesn’t need help from their team in football. The Brady hate is strong.

Type O

There is no such thing as a “Texas aggie.”
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2001
Dallas
um, he has been offered and yes I think he makes it two QBs assuming that offer is still on the table. I know people with say that isn’t possible but we did it two years ago and then crashed and burned last year in the QB recruiting dept thanks to a strong effort to **** things up by Yurcich.

I am not sure how Wiegman feels about being 1 of 2 or if any promises were made there, so that will be a factor.

one can only hope this becomes a business decision because Sark is a top developer of QBs that go to the league. I have a tiny bit more hope due to the late Klubnik offer and subsequent commit of CW but it’s not much more.

What we did a couple of years ago is really a completely different dynamic. Neither was from the state of Texas, and Neitherwas rated as high as this year’s class. Sounds like you’re hearing aggies in your ear, but I just don’t see 2 NATIONAL Top 50 QBs going to the same school, parent loyalty or not. Dynamics are much different now.

SVR45

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2020
Ketch, why doesn't Ty Simpson's name come up as a 2022 QB of interest? Rivals has him ranked as the #3 Pro Style; a coaches son and quoted as saying he would love to visit Texas.
He’s committing very soon. Most likely Clemson.

jonusn44

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
He’s committing very soon. Most likely Clemson.
It kind of strikes odd to me that Rivals does not have Texas as having offered, but yet he has Texas in his top 10 list and states that he would like to visit Texas and Notre Dame; in a Rivals Blue and Gold write up. It just seems like we are missing the boat here. side note, Bama offered and he is followed by Sark on twitter.

Russhorn

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2001
Austin
What we did a couple of years ago is really a completely different dynamic. Neither was from the state of Texas, and Neitherwas rated as high as this year’s class. Sounds like you’re hearing aggies in your ear, but I just don’t see 2 NATIONAL Top 50 QBs going to the same school, parent loyalty or not. Dynamics are much different now.

so Card and Jackson weren’t national top 50 or from the same state? Ok. I wasn’t even taking about the first time we did it but thanks for reminding me.

SVR45

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2020
It kind of strikes odd to me that Rivals does not have Texas as having offered, but yet he has Texas in his top 10 list and states that he would like to visit Texas and Notre Dame; in a Rivals Blue and Gold write up. It just seems like we are missing the boat here. side note, Bama offered and he is followed by Sark on twitter.
We aren’t missing the boat because he’s committing on Feb 17 I believe. Since you brought up Bama they are probably the only other team besides Clemson that has a shot to land him at this point.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
um, he has been offered and yes I think he makes it two QBs assuming that offer is still on the table. I know people with say that isn’t possible but we did it two years ago and then crashed and burned last year in the QB recruiting dept thanks to a strong effort to **** things up by Yurcich.

I am not sure how Wiegman feels about being 1 of 2 or if any promises were made there, so that will be a factor.

one can only hope this becomes a business decision because Sark is a top developer of QBs that go to the league. I have a tiny bit more hope due to the late Klubnik offer and subsequent commit of CW but it’s not much more.
There's no way both of those kids are going to A&M IMO.

When A&M took Weigman's commitment, the staff understood the implications IMO.

This is how that game is played.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
We just finished binging I'm Sorry and it's absolutely hilarious. Andrea Savage is all over the place with her humor but a lot of sexually explicit jokes so probably best later at night. But about as funny as a show centered around parenting/relationships can be. Not really any sappy stuff. Just good, often obscene comedic situations and dialogue. Poor Tom Everett Scott almost seems like he doesn't read the scripts and just ad libs his way through various forms of "Uh huh", "Yep!" or "Huh?" but it works because Savage immediately takes the wheel and steers this bus into crazy town.
She's so fantastic. I love her. It's like This is 40 meets It's Always Sunny.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Because most people think he's going to Clemson.

Reactions: DKinnamon

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I too am an OG member of the put some damn respect on Darren Woodson’s name club. He was the first of his kind and was overshadowed by bigger “names” and personalities on his own team at the time, so he never got the proper respect.
I will stand on a table for Darren Woodson.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I always love these kinds of arguments. Where we pretend every player doesn’t need help from their team in football. The Brady hate is strong.
I mean you don't beat a team by three scores with one guy dominating.

It's like there's only one slice of credit that can be given out in some people's minds.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
so Card and Jackson weren’t national top 50 or from the same state? Ok. I wasn’t even taking about the first time we did it but thanks for reminding me.
To be fair, neither were ranked quite that high when they committed, especially Card. I was super high on him, but it took a while for the national rankers everywhere to follow suit.

Buddah318

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2013
To be fair, neither were ranked quite that high when they committed, especially Card. I was super high on him, but it took a while for the national rankers everywhere to follow suit.
Indeed, from the jump. You had him as a 5 Star day 1

Reactions: Ketchum

Russhorn

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2001
Austin
There's no way both of those kids are going to A&M IMO.

When A&M took Weigman's commitment, the staff understood the implications IMO.

This is how that game is played.

fair enough. I hope that changes the conversation. Like I said, nothing would please me more to find his father at a game in burnt Orange. He will also have to get a new cup to walk around the office with.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
fair enough. I hope that changes the conversation. Like I said, nothing would please me more to find his father at a game in burnt Orange. He will also have to get a new cup to walk around the office with.
His world is going to be so weird for the next few months.

TD TX TD VY

Turn on your Sarkgasm Detector®
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005

Well, this would certainly suck balls.

McGuapo

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
I mean you don't beat a team by three scores with one guy dominating.

It's like there's only one slice of credit that can be given out in some people's minds.
There’s a lot of weird arguments in sports where people try to take things away for completely illogical reasons. Like if he doesn’t break off an 80 yard run, he only runs for 65 yards in the game. Ok? That’s not how it works. All that shit counts. Why wouldn’t it?

Or if LeBron James isn’t on the team, they don’t win the championship or VY on the Texas team or whoever. Yeah but they are on the team just like every other team gets those benefits when they have that player. It’s called team sports. That’s how it works. People arguing against Brady at this are so obviously agenda driven that I can’t believe they don’t just admit it.

Reactions: hooked76

Type O

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2001
Dallas
Was JQJ Top 50 in the nation? I might be wrong, but I don’t think he was.

Even so, in both past cases, one of those 2 was out of the program after a year, so it still makes my point. No way 2 of these 4 end up at the same school.

Reactions: Russhorn

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
There’s a lot of weird arguments in sports where people try to take things away for completely illogical reasons. Like if he doesn’t break off an 80 yard run, he only runs for 65 yards in the game. Ok? That’s not how it works. All that shit counts. Why wouldn’t it?

Or if LeBron James isn’t on the team, they don’t win the championship or VY on the Texas team or whoever. Yeah but they are on the team just like every other team gets those benefits when they have that player. It’s called team sports. That’s how it works. People arguing against Brady at this are so obviously agenda driven that I can’t believe they don’t just admit it.
At this point, it just makes you sound dumb to try to marginalize Brady.

EC Ricebird

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2020
@Ketchum
would you rather have Klubnik
or Murphy, knowing Murphy's recruiting connections to other OOS kids and how close he is to a lot of the highly rated 2022 kids.

meaning Murphy could have a much higher impact on recruiting for 2022.
A Georgia kid is much more likely to bail at the last minute.

Russhorn

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2001
Austin
His world is going to be so weird for the next few months.

man I hope so. My rising Jr has an outside chance to be a mid to high D1 recruit at WR. He is 6’2 180 and runs a legit 4.7. I have asked myself what I would do if he wanted to go somewhere besides Texas which I figure is either a stupid pipe dream or a great problem to have, but I can’t imagine him playing in another color than Burnt Orange if he is good enough to get an offer. Tod is feeling the same way right now.

Was JQJ Top 50 in the nation? I might be wrong, but I don’t think he was.

Even so, in both past cases, one of those 2 was out of the program after a year, so it still makes my point. No way 2 of these 4 end up at the same school.

Maybe he wasn’t but I fear we got the worst of that deal. JQJ is the truth. I saw Card play a few times. He was good.

in any case we will see. Aggy blood runs deep but clearly they prioritized another kid which helps us. Still don’t think he comes here .

Last edited:

Type O

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2001
Dallas
man I hope so. My rising Jr has an outside chance to be a mid to high D1 recruit at WR. He is 6’2 180 and runs a legit 4.7

Maybe he wasn’t but I fear we got the worst of that deal. JQJ is the truth. I saw Card play a few times. He was good.

in any case we will see. Aggy blood runs deep but clearly they prioritized another kid which helps us. Still don’t think he comes here .
You might be right on JQJ. I love that kid.

And yeah, he may not come here, but he isn’t going to aggie if Connor’s commitment holds.

Reactions: Russhorn

hooked76

Orangeblood's Spitfire
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
I think Ketch makes some fair points about basketball and Shaka. He has a strong run in March, nothing else matters, and vice versa.