ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (UT kicked A&M's ass this weekend)

You said it all right off the top. What if Ewers doesn’t get hurt or Neyor? But that is what happens to rebuilding programs. Fully rebuilt programs have the depth of talent to minimize the negative effects of those things. That is what Texas has lacked for years. That’s why Texas Fan thinks all of our coaches are trash and want to fire them every season. Stack the talent and the coaches get much smarter. If Sark can do that, Texas will win and win big. If he can do that and still can’t win, then we know he can’t coach to the standard needed at Texas. It really is that simple. Job One at Texas is recruiting.
Good point.

It's one thing to have a good first 22. It's another to have a good first 50.

1. Is the offense going to shift to a spread passing team?
2. What are the Cowboys and Longhorns two biggest needs in the offseason?
1. I think the offense is the offense. They might just throw it more.

2. Cowboys will need to replace coaching and a number of players who will leave in free agency. If they don't resign Pollard, they've got to get a brand new backfield. The offense needs more weapons.

The longhorns need better quarterback and they need to rebuild the defense.

So Sark needs virtually All Americans at all skill positions to make his offense work? That’s what this reads like.

I mean, I get picking on the numbers now. But if he has to have all that to be successful, we got bigger problems.

The lack of even average trigger man play was a bigger problem than the guys filling that 3rd wideout role. That and the guy consistently calling head scratching plays in the 2nd half.
He needs better than JAGS, that's for certain.

1. I think the offense is the offense. They might just throw it more.

2. Cowboys will need to replace coaching and a number of players who will leave in free agency. If they don't resign Pollard, they've got to get a brand new backfield. The offense needs more weapons.

The longhorns need better quarterback and they need to rebuild the defense.
Texas will have good DT play and is lacking what they have lacked the last 5 plus years DE that can rush the passer. That is on the coaches for not getting that taken care of. Smart thing would be to have a fund like the OL for the DL. The offense always played better when they ran it. I think the punting will be better and the play of the DB will determin how good the defense is. QB has to get better and focus like he wants to be a top player."Put in the work".
Cowboys need to Cut Zeke and resign Tony P and add another speed back in the draft I would love B. ROb but dont think they will use a 1st rd pick on a RB when they need DE and CB and WR. Heck I think they need OL and QB play also. They need 5 first rd picks I dont know how they get much better with all the holes they will have and prob lose the DC. They should look for a new kicker for sure.

Thanks for the great work this week and all the input.

Reactions: DrHorn98
An omission from your Texas WR list. Del Shofner from Center and Baylor was on the NFL all decade first team for the 1960s . 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons with the Giants. Before that a 1,000 yard and another for 936 yard season with the Rams after being the 8th pick in the draft. All done in shorter 14 game seasons, as compared to 16 or 17 games per year starting in 1978. First team all-pro in each of those five years. And not that it has anything to do with his being a great receiver, but his first 4 years in the NFL with the Rams, he was their punter and averaged over 40 yards per kick each of those 4 seasons with a career punting average of 42 yards per punt.

Last edited:
I keep coming back to thinking the offense takes steps forward, while the defense takes steps backwards and we only win 9 games.

whose offense in the Big 12 do you like better?
I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm just think the experience of the two upper class men will be underestimated. I'm really excited about the young guys and pieces coming in. But there's no subs for experience. If Baxter and 24 can carry the load, then by all means Texas definitely has the most capable offense. QE getting better is a must or we will struggle, because if does and we start a Freshman, it's going to be learn on the fly again. Jmho....

“Joe Burrow might be the best player in football today”
I kinda felt like that after the LSU / Texas game here in Austin. My gawd, that damn 3rd and 17 play!! And, to think UT played Joe closer than any team LSU played the rest of the year. That was one of the biggest college games on TV that year.

Texas will have good DT play and is lacking what they have lacked the last 5 plus years DE that can rush the passer. That is on the coaches for not getting that taken care of. Smart thing would be to have a fund like the OL for the DL. The offense always played better when they ran it. I think the punting will be better and the play of the DB will determin how good the defense is. QB has to get better and focus like he wants to be a top player."Put in the work".
Cowboys need to Cut Zeke and resign Tony P and add another speed back in the draft I would love B. ROb but dont think they will use a 1st rd pick on a RB when they need DE and CB and WR. Heck I think they need OL and QB play also. They need 5 first rd picks I dont know how they get much better with all the holes they will have and prob lose the DC. They should look for a new kicker for sure.

Thanks for the great work this week and all the input.
Just how much money are you willing to give Pollard?

An omission from your Texas WR list. Del Shofner from Center and Baylor was on the NFL all decade first team for the 1960s . 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons with the Giants. Before that a 1,000 yard and another for 936 yard season with the Rams after being the 8th pick in the draft. All done in shorter 14 game seasons, as compared to 16 or 17 games per year starting in 1978. First team all-pro in each of those five years. And not that it has anything to do with his being a great receiver, but his first 4 years in the NFL with the Rams, he was their punter and averaged over 40 yards per kick each of those 4 seasons with a career punting average of 42 yards per punt.
Good shout.

I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm just think the experience of the two upper class men will be underestimated. I'm really excited about the young guys and pieces coming in. But there's no subs for experience. If Baxter and 24 can carry the load, then by all means Texas definitely has the most capable offense. QE getting better is a must or we will struggle, because if does and we start a Freshman, it's going to be learn on the fly again. Jmho....
I feel you.

Reactions: KoolMoD
“Joe Burrow might be the best player in football today”
I kinda felt like that after the LSU / Texas game here in Austin. My gawd, that damn 3rd and 17 play!! And, to think UT played Joe closer than any team LSU played the rest of the year. That was one of the biggest college games on TV that year.
He's crazy good.

Reactions: KoolMoD
I thought I read that Elijah Rushing didn't actually show up in College Station, and just stayed home instead.
You are correct. I just looked it up and it turns out that he didn't make it. I thought I read he had. My bad. I'll correct.

Reactions: DrHorn98
ADVERTISEMENT