ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hello Mr. Limb, my dear old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you can predict Texas wins the conference when you have so many Sooners in your all-conference defense- wow that blows my mind after how much struggling the Sooner did most of last season.
When push comes to shove in the Big 12 title game, give me the team with the better quarterback.

Reactions: Indyhorn
VARsil didn't win shiat!! Argentina was robbed plan and simple. Even Rivaldo - Brazilian great said Argentina was screwed by the refs versus VARsil. So no... VARsil didn't win anything in my eyes .... and I live in VARsil!!!

BTW... people here in VARsil are dumb!!! If they think Cebolinha is a better option than Neymar they are dumber than I thought. Neymar is one of the top 5 players in the world... and thank god he is going back to join the MSN in Barça.

Visca Barça!!

Chupa VARsil!!!
Let's see a top five. He sure as hell ain't in my current top five.

It’s difficult to define any list of “greatest” songs. But here are my personal top 10 “favorites” by Chicago, in no particular order. I have an obvious preference for the early studio albums.

Beginnings
Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?
I’m a Man
Introduction
Ballet For a Girl in Buchannon
Listen
Dialogue Pt1 & 2
Sing a Mean Tune Kid
State of the Union
Free
Good stuff.

Three quick thoughts...

a. The video of her talking about the White House was months old when it came out. It wasn't like she made the comments in the middle of the World Cup. It was an off the cuff comment made months ago.

b. She has stood for the anthem throughout the tournament. It's that she's not singing that is apparently the problem for some, which feels very much like forced propaganda at this point. It's always something.

c. In general, I wish people cared 1/10 for the reasons why she kneeled as they care for her not kneeling. Maybe then we wouldn't have as many black men dying at the hands of the police.

Wow

Ketch

These are political comments not allowed by your rules

Would love to hear your opinions on c. In the correct forum

Wow

Ketch

These are political comments not allowed by your rules

Would love to hear your opinions on c. In the correct forum
I'm giving myself a pass.

I merely answered the issues brought up in the thread.

I'm not sure many of you would truly like to hear me. You might be different, but the majority don't want to hear it. It makes them mad/uncomfortable/mad. I sure as shit am not going to the Corral.

Three quick thoughts...

a. The video of her talking about the White House was months old when it came out. It wasn't like she made the comments in the middle of the World Cup. It was an off the cuff comment made months ago.

b. She has stood for the anthem throughout the tournament. It's that she's not singing that is apparently the problem for some, which feels very much like forced propaganda at this point. It's always something.

c. In general, I wish people cared 1/10 for the reasons why she kneeled as they care for her not kneeling. Maybe then we wouldn't have as many black men dying at the hands of the police.
Story, but take it to the corral

She made the decision to not stand for a National Anthem. You're on the NATIONAL team...that's beyond disrespectful. You want to do it on a professional sports team, have fun it's your money. For a National Team? No
For instance, this post was made 10 1/2 hours ago. No one responded that he should take it to the Corral.

Just my response...

I agree and I hope that for once we have a true running game where we don't have to rely on Sam all the time. We seriously need to limit his designed runs even if they are effective. I'd like to see us open up the offense more and air it out. We have the weapons. That will open up the running game even more.
Big Bertha
my friend I always like reading your input into a post keep sharing you insight with all of us. My friends y'all have a blessed week Keep Your Horns Raised High And Proud

Reactions: Big Bertha
I agree and I hope that for once we have a true running game where we don't have to rely on Sam all the time. We seriously need to limit his designed runs even if they are effective. I'd like to see us open up the offense more and air it out. We have the weapons. That will open up the running game even more.
You and I couldn't be more on the same page regarding this issue.

Reactions: Big Bertha
I find it interesting that none of the other comments/responses that are politically themed have been given the same responses.
Your comment was the most controversial. Here's a different perspective:
https://www.larryelder.com/column/n...-false-harmful-narrative-of-police-brutality/
In my personal but respectful opinion, you damage your brand when you insist on promoting your own leftist, political positions. Your opinions on sports and writing on sports are top notch.

Well, that's just horseshit!

It's the same thing with the Doobie Brothers. Pro-Tom Johnston while anti-Michael McDonald. I thought your list was solid but should have left off the honorable mention part. ;)

Reactions: EG-man
@Ketchum if I am reading your Card stuff correctly, is it fair to say he will be our second best QB prospect signed since VY?

Your comment was the most controversial. .
That's a matter of perspective, I suppose.

What you're saying is that you and many others support one view, which translates to you ignoring it in the context of this conversation, while applying a different set of rules for the comment you find "controversial".

Reactions: BennettBrauer
@Ketchum if I am reading your Card stuff correctly, is it fair to say he will be our second best QB prospect signed since VY?
Texas has signed a bunch of national top 100 types, but not a lot of top 25 types.

Off the top of my head, only Gilbert was that type of prospect.

Rose Lavelle was probably the best or second best player for the US the entire World Cup. Rapinoe scored on PKs and wonderful passes. Lavelle’s goal today was self created and a total money shot. She was better than Rapinoe and Morgan and there with Heath and Ertz.
Lavelle was nails all tournament long. She doesn't have the looks of Morgan or the social flash of Rapinoe but she is money! Love her and Heath's 1v1 skills.

Reactions: SouthPaugh
Your comment was the most controversial. Here's a different perspective:
https://www.larryelder.com/column/n...-false-harmful-narrative-of-police-brutality/
In my personal but respectful opinion, you damage your brand when you insist on promoting your own leftist, political positions. Your opinions on sports and writing on sports are top notch.

He can’t help himself. He has a narrative and isn’t budging. The ignorance of the broad brush “police killing black men” narrative is one of Ketch’s favorite cards and it is ridiculous.

Let's see a top five. He sure as hell ain't in my current top five.

Ketchup no problem...

1-Messi
2-Ronaldo
3-Mbappe
4-Neymar
5-Salah

I know that you are all in on Liverpool and are still a newbie in the Fútbol world... trust me my top 5 is legit. His mistake was going to PSG.. but he's coming back home to be the 2nd best player in the world.

He can’t help himself. He has a narrative and isn’t budging. The ignorance of the broad brush “police killing black men” narrative is one of Ketch’s favorite cards and it is ridiculous.
At the risk of derailing this thread, I'm not going to respond to this directly, but if you want to discuss it DMs, I'll be your Huckleberry.

too much is made about life in the station; these are 18 year old kids we are talking about
Agree completely. Way too much naval-gazing and believing the national media about Austin on here sometimes. Some kids prefer a "slower paced" environment. Not all want what Austin has. For instance, I grew up in Austin and loved what it used to be. Now, not so much....and I live in Houston. Regardless, we underestimate our opponents and overestimate ourselves at our own peril.

Last edited:
At the risk of derailing this thread, I'm not going to respond to this directly, but if you want to discuss it DMs, I'll be your Huckleberry.

No thanks as that would be the definition of a waste of time.

I will say this, I would love for you to spend an hour with a law enforcement FATS (Firearms Training System) which is an interactive, scenario-based training system. There are many options for scenarios but people like you need to go thru several of the “shoot-no shot” scenarios. You would have an informed opinion about the realities that face our brave law enforcement officers, of all ethnicities BTW, each and every day.

No thanks as that would be the definition of a waste of time.

I will say this, I would love for you to spend an hour with a law enforcement FATS (Firearms Training System) which is an interactive, scenario-based training system. There are many options for scenarios but people like you need to go thru several of the “shoot-no shot” scenarios. You would have an informed opinion about the realities that face our brave law enforcement officers, of all ethnicities BTW, each and every day.
lol. ok.

You're right about one thing, it almost certainly would be a waste of time.

Reactions: BennettBrauer
Damn, Ketch. Your report on Card made me downright giddy. We're now talking about a 1, 2 punch of Texas QB elitism & Big 12 domination (Sam, Hudson), the likes of which we haven't seen around these parts since the era of Vince & Colt. Aug .31 can't get here fast enough!

Reactions: teyon shoes
Damn, Ketch. Your report on Card made me downright giddy. We're now talking about a 1, 2 punch of Texas QB elitism & Big 12 domination, the likes of which we haven't seen around these parts since the era of Vince & Colt. Aug .31 can't get here fast enough!
Watch his highlight tape. It'll make you even giddier.

Reactions: Baguette
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT