ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Is this the 2nd best Texas offense of all-time?)

What the hell is wrong with you? Dolly Parton? She wouldn't make a top 100 list. Gary Stewart? Over Ray Price? Bob Wills? Conway Twitty? Garth Brooks? Unbelievable.
It wouldn't be my list either but that's who Ketch prefers. I wouldn't have Dolly anywhere near my top ten list. Garth either. To me King George is a slam dunk number 1 with zero competition but everyone has different tastes. There are so many great ones it's hard to come up with a top ten list. I loved Eddie Rabbit, Charley Pride, Don Williams, Steve Wariner, Charlie Rich, and many others. I'd probably have to leave a couple of them off of my top ten list.

Reactions: cookie 72541
Oh good lord, they are not good because they aren SEC they are good because they have nfl talent all over the place and are killing teams including beating us on the road.

But let’s not let logic or football sense into the conversation.

OSU will be the 2nd best team we have played. Period.

The “teams” they killed are:
Georgia Southern, and
Northwestern State. Oooooooooooo.

The next two big challenges are:
Vanderbilt, and
Utah State. Ooooooooooooooooo

You’re correct. Let’s not have reality enter into this.

OSU may be the 2nd best team we have played, but we won’t know until Saturday. OSU has been “killing teams” like that also.

Then what does it have something to do?

Their competition? They have played no one. And won’t until week 6 of the season.
It has do with the fact that Aranda has coached one of the top defenses in the NCAA as a defensive coordinator each year. Last year they had one of the top defenses in the NCAA and will again this year. They returned 8 starters.

Had we left our starters in for four quarters against La Tech and Rice on offense and defense, the scores and total yards would look VERY different. Neither of our second teams are very good at this point. We lack depth although it’s getting better. Our number one offense is borderline elite in this years college game and our QB1 is playing elite.

OSU hasn’t played anyone yet.

Rice is horrible. La Tech is 2-1 and LSU is top 5 with a QB that is outplaying our elite QB1. We barely lost to LSU. A play here or there was the difference and if Sam gets the ball back I believe we tie the game. Point is, OSU defense won’t be close to LSU defense. Not this year or any year Orgeron and Aranda are the coaches at LSU. Aranda is a great defensive coach and they get top notch talent because Orgeron can recruit! OSU Does not have a top flight DC in the same area code as Aranda and it’s well documented that The Mullet doesn’t focus on recruiting. These facts are supported by the numbers.

None of this has anything to do with the SEC or anything to do with LSUs schedule this year to date. It’s history, current facts and circumstances.

LSU will be the best defense we face all year. Statistically and talent wise.

Make the argument that OSU has the best offense that our porous defense will face this year and I would say that will be a race between OSU, OU, and LSU. Like you said though, we will find out this weekend!

Reactions: eyes_of_texasb21
The argument seems to be, if Herman had left his 1st string offense in for the full game against really crappy teams like LSU/SEC does, we would have a better defense. In that our D would have been on the field less, you may be onto something there. Statistically, that may be correct.

Okie Lite was a doormat before Gundy came. He does a great job with what he has.Unlikely they will ever win the Big 12 given what an underdog they are to Ou in the state, but they are not doormats any longer. Ask Texas.

No way Sam will turn pro. Mack and I also said that about VY. Big mistake for Vince that Sam will not make.
I don't think VY made a mistake. I mean... he signed a 25+ million dollar deal.

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
What the hell is wrong with you? Dolly Parton? She wouldn't make a top 100 list. Gary Stewart? Over Ray Price? Bob Wills? Conway Twitty? Garth Brooks? Unbelievable.
Dolly Parton not making a top 100?

What the hell is wrong with YOU?

This Offense will Never be better than 69 and 70.
Hard to compare thw two directly, but if we're keeping it real, the 69-70 teams had no where near the speed and raw athleticism, that this offense has.

I want to have a freak out about your country list, but there are so many all time greats, it's pretty impossible to have a top ten that would not be heavily disputed. I don't think George Straight belongs there, but to each his own.
Might be an age thing. I grew up on George. He's easily the No.1 of the fairly recent modern era.

#2- stats don’t lie but the thing that makes me not agree from an eyeball perspective is this team doesn’t make it look easy like the top 4 teams did. I feel like I exhale loudly every time we complete a pass to Eagles, CJ or Epps. Under oath, I guess I have to admit that Duv and Jake made it look pretty easy the first two games. Splitting hairs on all of the above I guess, but I would love for these boys to average 45 or more the whole season.
why do you exhale when it goes to Eagles, CJ or Epps?

Reactions: RTR
Might be an age thing. I grew up on George. He's easily the No.1 of the fairly recent modern era.

I’m a year younger than you. And I like George Straight. But he’s a singer, doesn’t really play an instrument, and didn’t really write anything.

I’d put Dwight way above George Straight.

If it takes 30 points to win on Saturday, the Longhorns will likely roll.

While I get what you are saying, that statement doesn't make a ton of sense. If it "takes" 30 points then how is it Texas "likely rolls?" I think the general point is that whether it "takes" 30 or 40 points, this projects to be a one-score 4th quarter type game.

Losing Ossai to a shoulder injury in the fourth quarter of a five- or six-score game feels like a criminal mistake on the following day.

Honestly, WTF was he doing in the game at that point?

I’m a year younger than you. And I like George Straight. But he’s a singer, doesn’t really play an instrument, and didn’t really write anything.

I’d put Dwight way above George Straight.
I don't need George to do anything but come out in a super starched shirt and sing his ass off. No instruments required.

Prior to the start of the year the consensus was our D lost experience but gained better athletes in many positions. After a few games its time for the experience meter to be clicking up and the D to improve. OSU will be a great test as The Mullet will exploit the hell out of the weaknesses he has seen through the first 3 games. These are the games we look forward to during the 9 month drought. Enjoy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT