ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Is this the 2nd best Texas offense of all-time?)

I’m a year younger than you. And I like George Straight. But he’s a singer, doesn’t really play an instrument, and didn’t really write anything.

I’d put Dwight way above George Straight.

Certainly a valid argument. Dwight really is pretty underrated. Probably because he really has never been part of the Nashville machine.

Reactions: Guy Smiley
No Porter Wagner???

Tx1L3rN.jpg

I don't need George to do anything but come out in a super starched shirt and sing his ass off. No instruments required.

To each his own. The part I do agree with you on is having Hank Williams at #1. He’s the best ever IMO.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't in the consensus.

@Ketchum pretty sure you and consensus haven't crossed paths in quite awhile. Since you put so much stock in the recruiting rankings, I would be curious to compare the ave star recruiting ranking for this years D vs 2018.

@Ketchum pretty sure you and consensus haven't crossed paths in quite awhile. Since you put so much stock in the recruiting rankings, I would be curious to compare the ave star recruiting ranking for this years D vs 2018.
Texas vs. Texas?

Dwight top 10 are in credibly strong. George has a top 100 that can hold up to anyone.

Sure. But Dwight is a HOF songwriter. No doubt George has pretty much an unmatched volume of hits, but in terms of overall musicianship, Dwight very much is the superior of the 2. I'm also pretty confident that Dwight will be a bigger part of this special than George is.

Sam would never leave early. he just won't. He knows next year we are set up to be special.

This team is well aware of what OSU has done to us the past several years. Sam won't let us lose.

Reactions: cooleyo
Sure. But Dwight is a HOF songwriter. No doubt George has pretty much an unmatched volume of hits, but in terms of overall musicianship, Dwight very much is the superior of the 2. I'm also pretty confident that Dwight will be a bigger part of this special than George is.
Meh. Just give me my sandwich and don't bother to tell me how it's made.

Reactions: LonghornGary
10. Gary Stewart
9. Dolly Parton
8. Waylon Jennings
7. George Jones
6. George Strait
5. Patsy Cline
4. Willie Nelson
3. Johnny Cash
2. Merle Haggard
1. Hank Williams Sr.

If Charlie Pride isn’t on your list it isn’t a list.

I don't think VY made a mistake. I mean... he signed a 25+ million dollar deal.

Texas would have been the odds on favorite to win another NC if Vince came back. If that happened, his legend would exceed even Earl's. It might not have been a mistake for Vince to come out if he had a reasonable team of advisers, but he did not. He signed his opportunity away and lost it all. Big mistake.

Bob Wills has to make the country top 10 list. Lefty probably needs to be on there. Also, you gotta flip Cash and the Hag; there’s no Merle without Johnny (even though I personally think Merle is the better talent).

I'm not sure on top 10 country list, but off the top of my head
1. George Straight
2. Dwight Yoakam
3. Johnnie Cash
4. Garth Brooks
5. Alan Jackson
6. Keith Whitley
7. Waylon Jennings
8. Hank Jr
9. George jones
10. Willie Nelson

why do you exhale when it goes to Eagles, CJ or Epps?
It just doesn’t seem as sure a catch with them. Also, passes to them seem to always be more contested (jump balls, etc). I’m sure it’s just my own perception. o_O

Texas would have been the odds on favorite to win another NC if Vince came back. If that happened, his legend would exceed even Earl's. It might not have been a mistake for Vince to come out if he had a reasonable team of advisers, but he did not. He signed his opportunity away and lost it all. Big mistake.

I love Earl as does pretty much every Longhorn fan does. I also have zero doubt Earl's "legend" has been exceeded by VY's. And I doubt I'm alone in thinking that. What VY did or didn't do with his earnings has ZERO impact as to whether or not he "made the right decision." He did.

B/S: You make the pick Boyce missed and take it to the house.

(Sell) I'm like Boyce in that I might have made that break, but I wouldn't have jumped that high and the ball would have never been caught.

Just the thought of that sequence makes me smile Ketch!

B/S: You make the pick Boyce missed and take it to the house.

(Sell) I'm like Boyce in that I might have made that break, but I wouldn't have jumped that high and the ball would have never been caught.

Just the thought of that sequence makes me smile Ketch!
=)roll

why do you exhale when it goes to Eagles, CJ or Epps?
Epps still fights the ball a bit. Look at his incompletion that hit him right in the hands. The other two, seem sure handed along with Dev and Jake and our backs other than the important drop by Ingram that we have already over analyzed on OB.

Epps still fights the ball a bit. Look at his incompletion that hit him right in the hands. The other two, seem sure handed along with Dev and Jake and our backs other than the important drop by Ingram that we have already over analyzed on OB.
I don't think there's any need to worry about the ball going to any of these receivers.

Sam takes care of the ball right now at historic levels.

Reactions: battlehorn
2nd best all time when Whittington returns and when we actually throw deep pattern to TE so all weapons used.

I'm late to the party, but I would replace Patsy with the "Queen of Country Music", Tammy Wynette. Love Gary Stewart - if MIckey Gilley and Jerry Lee Lewis had a baby.

I'm late to the party, but I would replace Patsy with the "Queen of Country Music", Tammy Wynette. Love Gary Stewart - if MIckey Gilley and Jerry Lee Lewis had a baby.
Patsy is closer to being No.1 for me than not being on the list at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT